What's new

Used Prius...any thoughts?

Mikawa Ossan

いかんわ!
17 Sep 2005
I'm thinking of buying a new car this winter, although I am being a little bit liberal with the term "new", as I am considering getting a used Prius.

It seems to me after doing a very short search on the internet that model year 1999 or 2000 cars are going to be the easiest to find.

And that brings up my concern. I have heard that should one ever need to replace the battery on a Prius that it costs a pretty yen. I wonder if you have any experience with Prius and have any idea what the average lifespan of a Prius battery might be.

Also if there are any other things specific to buying a used Prius that I should look out for.

Thanks!

I would suggest taking the car to an Authorized Toyota repair shop and paying to have it checked out. Depending upon where you buy it from that may not be an option for you, but that would be best.

Being that it is a Toyota, bets are that you would be ok, but the Prius is still fairly new technology, and you could get bitten in the *** if you aren't careful. Sorry that I can' be of much help on this one, but it's a bit out of my comfort zone. I will say that my secretary has a 2000 Prius, and hers is running great. I would guess that if the previous owner was doing regular maintenance, you would be ok.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom