What's new

upalupa oopaloopa?

den4

先輩
15 Nov 2002
Hey, all you japanophiles, isn't that critter called upalupa or pronounced Oopaloopa also known as the duckbilled platypus in Engrish? I'm curious why it's called an oopaloopa, and where that name originated (aside from sounding like a song from that movie, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)... :)

Originally posted by den4
Hey, all you japanophiles, isn't that critter called upalupa or pronounced Oopaloopa also known as the duckbilled platypus in Engrish? I'm curious why it's called an oopaloopa, and where that name originated (aside from sounding like a song from that movie, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)... :)

Wouldn't Duckbilled Platypus in Engrish be Duckburred Platiposi? or something?

It's like this one time this Japanese girl asked me, "Doko de ecchi??" I then looked at her and said in English, "I want you to guess baby..." So she smiled and asked, "Oh Rearry?" I shook my head and said, "No, I was thinking my car."

Josh

not really sure what you mean, budd.....

kappa and an oopaloopa (or duckbilled platypus, or whatever they bloody call it in j-land) aren't the same thing.... :eek:

josh: maybe daku birudo platipasu? :D

still looking for an answer from anybody who may know....coz I sure as 'ell don't.... :D

yeah, a serious question.....but I guess nobody so far knows....darn... :D

yeah, a serious question.....but I guess nobody so far knows....darn... :D
Did you try google? Google knows a lot more than me... and one of these days googles will roam the streets of popular cities in gangs of seventeen while making public display of the chaos the googles have caused while in their hands they'll carry the charred ashes of what were previously physics and history text-books as they the googles mimic old Ray Bradbury fiction.

Josh

didn't find it using engrish....and my current computer doesn't allow for j-fonts, so can't do a search with that on google....

don't need to wait for book burning...ol' Hitler did it last century, and certain radical extremist groups still want to control knowledge of the books from the masses they want to control....

google-ites are only as powerful as the nearby supported network that isn't prone to massive blackouts when the power grids fail.... :D

didn't find it using engrish....and my current computer doesn't allow for j-fonts, so can't do a search with that on google....

I used to just go to [DLMURL]http://www.japanappy.com[/DLMURL] , use their translator, type "skateboarding" and cut and paste the japanese to find japanese skateboarding websites to find locations and such. I can remember one day I did that for like 14 hours straigh.

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Konnichiwa Den4-san!

JAPANESE NAME : Uper Rupre
COMMON NAME : Mexico Salamander or Mexican axolotl
SIENTIFIC NAME : Ambystoma mexicanum

Why Japanese name is not Mexico Salamander or Mexican axolotl? The Japanese are reminded of terrifying lizard from Salamander. But Ambystoma mexicanum is very pretty... this name is unlike Ambystoma mexicanum.
And axolotl is bad name in Japanese. Because the pronunciation Axo is Aho in Japan and it means a fool!:eek:

And Ambystoma mexicanum's name was changed. This is about 15 years ago. But sorry, I don't know who change this name.:p

NANGI

hmmm...maybe it was a salamander.....for some reason I thought it was the platypus....dunno why? :D

So they really do have an Upa Lupa then? wow :D

thanks Nangi!🙂

hmmm...maybe it was a salamander.....for some reason I thought it was the platypus....dunno why? :D

So they really do have an Upa Lupa then? wow :D

thanks Nangi!🙂

I bought this really WEIRD adult-anime the evening before this house party, took it over (and since I knew who was throwin' it,) I dropped the video into the VCR to check it out and all of the sudden, like seriously the opening scene was two dozen of these weird freaky orange Salamander people walking on their two back legs,... but yeah they wernt walking (nobody walks on top of school-girls,) and like bugs to a zapper everyone seemed to focus their disgust on the tv and I yelled back from where I was sittin, "Yo THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO!"

😊

Josh

ghettocities

Yo Josh, what happened to your forum?

When will you have your DVD with the Japan 2003 footage?

And when will you bless Japan with another visit? Dude, you gotta let me know when you are in Japan so I can tag along with my DV cam.

Thanks Josh, you are the best.

Re: ghettocities

Originally posted by AlbertSiegel
Yo Josh, what happened to your forum?

When will you have your DVD with the Japan 2003 footage?

And when will you bless Japan with another visit? Dude, you gotta let me know when you are in Japan so I can tag along with my DV cam.

Thanks Josh, you are the best.

I deleted my forum for a bunch of reasons but I'll probably load it back up once I get all these gosh-darn booty videos from 2002-2003 loaded onto my website which should be like in the next following week.

2003 DVD, well I mean I just got back from Tokyo (this summer,) I was there for 26 days but how I do things is (before this year and before going this summer,) I had gone during the winter like in November and then had a new DVD finished by mid-December soooooo I'll be using my summer footage on top of my winter footage which will then lead to the 2003 DVD which has no title yet.

Also like I said I'll be adding VIDEO-CLIPS as a sort of preview to the next DVD/summer footage on my site, there should be another two or so pages. I am also working on a documentary called "An Asiaphile's POV" similar to Mike Johns "A Pervert's POV" where I'll pretty much just walk around picking up girls while I poke at them with a wide-angle fish-eye lens, I mean it sounds stupid but trust me, go watch Mike John's similar to POV, "Down the Hatch Issue #3" watch Mei-yu's first scene and you'll understand the beauty behind it all.

Japan will be blessed by me whenever I go the next, for me to put a date on it I can't say, I mean I can say sometime around November but usually in my situation (if on my own time,) will just fly out there randomly all unannounced and isht.

And yo,

If you already have footage / photos of you being in Japan you should email me at [email protected] and I'll go ahead and make a section for you on ghettocities if you have some pretty dope photos/footy.

Peace to Asian Backpackers,

Josh

As if that site needs to be plugged anymore, I saw four people with the same strongbad tshirt in my city during the past week. :arghh:

Josh

Back
Top Bottom