What's new

Unregistered users

Should unregistered users be able to post?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No!

Votes: 24 85.7%

• Total voters

Hachiko

後輩
17 Jan 2004
As a devoted user to the JapanReference fora, I feel it is unnecessary to have unregistered users post. Just now I saw a post from an unregistered user on a topic on this board. Since JapanReference is one of the most popular online communities dedicated to informing people about Japan and the world, I suggest to Maciamo, jeisan, Thomas, Mandylion and the rest of the admins to encourage registering for the fora by not allowing unregistered users to post.

What do you think, gang?

And why wasn't I inculded with all of those guys? Because I'm a girl?! :p

And unregistered users can only post in the site feedback/admin contact section. You know, in case they have a problem registering or something like that.

If It Was A Stupid Post Today....

I confess. I forgot to log in and hit reply; it let me post as un-registered. Then I felt bad I wouldn't get credit for the post or my smart-a** reply!

Frank

:mad:

kirei_na_me said:
And why wasn't I inculded with all of those guys? Because I'm a girl?! :p

Note that I said gang, which includes the gals on this board. So you're included. :)

kirei_na_me said:
And unregistered users can only post in the site feedback/admin contact section. You know, in case they have a problem registering or something like that.

A-ha...got it.

(Btw, I voted no anyway.)

Last edited:
Having experienced various pointless spamming attacks by Guests on other forums, I'd have to say no...

yeah the the feedback is only area open to guests, as this forum is also a contact area for the jref mainpage and topsites. and even that gets spammed, i could only imagine the clean up work going into the whole forum open to unregistered users.

Well, I think they should. I mean, speaking from perosnal experience 😊, If one of us members should have a problem logging in, we can post and sign in that way. 👍 It's like a fail-safe, imho. :p

I'm sure any problem a user might have in logging in can be solved by people in the stie feedback / admin sections, like Kirei Na Mei suggested. Unregistered users can post there and get help.

Jeisan has a good point about spam. I say no.

I say "no". For unregistered should be only reading, so that they know where they register. :)

And After All......

to register is so easy and best of all free. Everyone should join and have the fun we members do!
It is one big happy family here and new people are welcomed with open arms!

Frank

😊

I said no, since the forum is so big. If there were only one or two topics, that'd be fine, but when you have so many different areas, you kinda like to know who's giving what opinions.

It's absolutely necessary, in my opinion, ESPECIALLY for a forum this size. Like Frank said, it doesn't exactly take long to register or cost anything. If you're too lazy to register I'd rather speak to someone else, anyway.

I voted "NO" as there has been too much spamming on other forums by unregistered "guests" as has been mentioned above. Also unregistered users should not have access to a members e-mail account or other personal info.

I never doubted that registration was part & parcel with posting priviledges, so when I saw some posts by guests, was actually a little surprided. Was ungistered posting in the non-administrative forums ever allowed ? It sure looks like it. ;?
Pachipro said:
Also unregistered users should not have access to a members e-mail account or other personal info.
Good point you raise; I have always wondered about that. I'm not aware how that works...without assuming that is... :?

Pachipro said:
I voted "NO" as there has been too much spamming on other forums by unregistered "guests" as has been mentioned above. Also unregistered users should not have access to a members e-mail account or other personal info.

They don't. Try to log out and access someone's profile to get their email address. You can't do it. Unregistered guests can only post in this one section. That's the only privilege they have.

there are some posts by guests in some of the other sections.
take this thread for example. she was once a regular member, turned bouncer, then the account was deleted, as per the system. so that should explain any other guest posts you may see around the forum, save the ones in this section.

Back
Top Bottom