What's new

University in japan

Rukasu

Kouhai
21 Sep 2003
Hello Everyone.

At the moment I am doing a High school exchange program in Japan with YFU, and am really enjoying my stay here.
I`m learning the language real quick, and going to school is a lot of fun.

What I want to do is to enroll in a Japanese University in 3 years.
I`m first going to finish my school in th eNetherlands, and after that I want to enroll in a Japanese University.
The school I`m now going to in the Netherlamnds in not a highschool.
The school system is a little diferent.

I don`t want to go on an exchange program, but the full 4 years in Japan.
From what I understood is about the only thing you have to do to enroll in a university, is to pass the entrance exam,right, which is definitely easier said than done.

What I want to know is;

are there other requirements for getting in (of course the language)
But Ithink I can get to a high enough level to understand classes in 3 years.
Does it matter to what kind of school you went before trying to `get in`.
what about a visa, can you somehow extend your time if the school backs you?

Edit: I`m talking about a regular Japanese university, whit classes in Japanese.
Edit2: I want to attend classes about economy, I know what I want, but I don`t know the word in English, I search for it later.

these are my questions, and I hope one of you can answer them.

Rukasu

Hi.
i am studying japanese at Copenhagen University, and i would not get the chance to study in japan (going to Osaka Uni of foreign studies in a few months) without the agreement that Copenhagen Uni has with some Jap. universities.
You also have to consider that you have to pay the tuition for yourself, and if you are accepted to uni, then you have to afford to pay in full for yourself, unless you get a lot of scholarships from your country or from Japanese institutions

thank you for the advice.

I knew from the beginning that the biggest problem would definitely be the money.
My main concern is about the visa and entering a school here.

Rukasu

Back
Top Bottom