What's new

Ugh . . . Japanese partial immersion??

Icedyn

後輩
25 Jul 2005
How in the world would I go about finding a school that teaches via Japanese partial immersion? My girls are only about to be two, but I want to be prepared. I know there are some in the Portland area in Oregon, but I haven't been able to figure out where they are. I don't actually live close to Portland, but that can't possibly be the ONLY place here. And besides the University here, I can't find ANY schools that actually teach Japanese. It seems so surprising to me that it's so hard to find a place to learn Japanese here, especially since about 3 to 8% of our popluation IS Japanese. Ugh.

Well, I know close to nothing about partial immersion; but if I were you, I'd strat by googling <"partial immersion" +oregon> which gave me 238 results.
Now that may be too many to browse, so I might add a city or county.

Google <"partial immersion" +oregon +county_name> and see what I get. Once I find something that interests me, I'd either send an e-mail to find out more, or get a phone number from directory service or the web, and go from there. You could add other key words that might further narrow down the search result till you find just the right place for you. Good luck, Icedyn. :)

Lexico. Thanks. I've googled it before, but didn't find much but a couple articles in newspapers about Japanese partial immersion schools. The articles didn't even say what schools they were!!

Japanese partial immersion schools (at least here) are schools that teach half the day in English and half the day in Japanese.

Icedyn said:
I've googled it before, but didn't find much but a couple articles in newspapers about Japanese partial immersion schools.
Oh my gosh! I am such a liar. Ok, I'm not a liar, I swear I couldn't find what I was looking for before. Anyway, I googled it again just now and found exactly what I was looking for, but not what I was hoping for. The closest program I could find was about 45 minutes south of me. But that's better than nothing. I'll just keep looking . . . and hoping . . . and praying!!!

Well, I never saw your post above; so chill out. Wish you best of luck finding one you like ! :haihai:

Back
Top Bottom