What's new

Twilight the movie

Gackt21

Gackt's Queen
3 Aug 2008
Anyone seen it. I so want to. Edward is like so hot. I love vampires.
I read the book before the movie came out, so I know what it is about.

A human girl falling in love with a vampire named Edward. The love is forbidden but she stopped carrying what he is and wants to be apart of his world.

I've seen it. I like Edward character. It is a great movie. I always remember his message to Bella. (I feel young again) lol. It is blockbuster here in Philippines.

I'll be honest.

I can't truly judge this movie as I haven't watched it, nor am I going to do so to have the concept of what I like crushed/Raped into what I've heard about it.

I think, going from what I have heard that it's somewhat overhyped, and especially by teenage girls.
If the book, which I have heard isn't all that great either, it's message was "oh my god main character is hot" then the message came trough, but for some reason I doubt about that.

I once overlooked a quote involving "Vampires sparkling in the sunlight" and I immediatly didn't think much of it. Several of the typical mainstream "I'll change my opinion to what the public likes" people I know are advertising the movie like it's the fountain of youth, and that alone gives me a dislike to it.

yes, call me narrow minded, but I like innovative things.
And making a sassy vampire live trough some romantic story or alike..isn't my idea.

I have read one of her books, The Host. Whilst entertaining it is most definitely teenage fiction. If the Twilight books are in the same vein I doubt I will read them or see the movie. I also think a review of "Edward is so hot" for a film or a book hardly qualifies for whether it is a good film/book or not. Big deal, Nicole Kidman is hot, but that doesn't stop some of her films being shite.

Having read reviews for both the book and film it is yet another gothic type vampire boyfriend saga, which seems to be the thing at the moment. Having watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the past and watching the angst between Buffy and Angel I don't think I could stomach a film of a similar nature.

Vampires throughout myth are not very nice, yet hollywood and current authors are trying to defang the creature. Whatever happened to Nosferatu and the old Dracula. If you defang the monster what are we to be afraid of? Next it will be Pinhead as a misunderstood, lovestruck teen, who finds love forbidden by the rest of the cenobites and Laviathan, yet triumphs over hell and tortures no longer.

Well, as a vampire fan - or should I say fanpire? :) - I loved the movie and can't wait for the next one to hit the big screen.

I think the movie is good but the book is a hell of a lot better. Plus, everyone fangirls over Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen and never acknowledge how he is in the book whatsoever! Though I admit he is rather attractive 😊 I personally like Jacob more than Edward (in the book btw) because he is very sweet to Bella and seems much more down-to-earth than Edward is.

I think Twilight would be quite ok without all that noise around it...too much of commercial things...as an idea it is great for romantic dreamers...but the fame ruined it I think

Back
Top Bottom