What's new

Tune playing in 7-11

Lothor

Freelance proofreader
Donor
26 Sep 2015
They're currently playing a classical arrangement of a pop song in my local 7-11. I heard it yesterday evening and it's been in my head most of the time since.
It was definitely on the radio a lot in the late 70s/early 80s when I was a kid in Britain and is a very bombastic number that sounded like Neil Diamond, though I didn't recognise it.
Can anyone satisfy my curiosity?

Since early this year they have had their midi-esque version of 'Day Dream Believer' going pretty steady. Could that be it?

Since early this year they have had their midi-esque version of 'Day Dream Believer' going pretty steady. Could that be it?
It's not Daydream Believer but thanks for the reply.

It's not Daydream Believer but thanks for the reply.

I've been in a number of 7-Elevens recently, and they are ALL playing that version of Daydream Believer.

Apparently it is just the one near you that has commissioned their own, separate song recording. Just to be different, probably.

I've been in a number of 7-Elevens recently, and they are ALL playing that version of Daydream Believer.

Apparently it is just the one near you that has commissioned their own, separate song recording. Just to be different, probably.

'Just to be different' isn't something I normally associate with 7-Eleven!
I've only heard the song in two of the stores and not for a couple of weeks, as you said, it's normally Daydream Believer.

If you were already aware that Daydream Believer is usually the song being played in 7-Eleven, as you seem to be implying now, don't you think you could have avoided much confusion by mentioning this in your original post?

Anyway, if you hear this mystery tune again, why not record a snippet and share it here?

The tune I was asking about was Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. You can sleep safely in your beds now.

Back
Top Bottom