What's new

Trying to find tickets for a Yomiuri Giants game..

adllewis

後輩
13 Jan 2007
Well I found their schedule and see that they play in Tokyo on May 11,12,and 13 but I cant find a place that sells tickets .. at least in english. Does anyone know of a number I could call ( I have Skype so I can call Japan if I need to ) or a website where I could buy a couple of tickets for one of these games?

Well I found their schedule and see that they play in Tokyo on May 11,12,and 13 but I cant find a place that sells tickets .. at least in english. Does anyone know of a number I could call ( I have Skype so I can call Japan if I need to ) or a website where I could buy a couple of tickets for one of these games?
Hi,
I bought tickets outside the stadium on game days with no problems last April. Both games were against the Hanshin Tigers, so I imagine are some of the most popular.

There was a kiosk that sold them on the plaza in front of the stadium. I've just had a look through the photos I took after buying the ticket and I'm pretty sure it is the place marked on this photo.

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ticketkioskax1.jpg

The first game I got a bleachers style ticket for something like 1000 yen!! which is ridiculously good value. Although it's standing, you can move around on the concourse where all the vendors are. this means you can get views in an arc from just behind home plate to about the foul line (on first base side). My advice is to spend a bit of time as far to the right field as you can get. There are some hard core Giants fans in the right/center field stands and they make some great noise.

some pictures of the various views...

picture367qp7th-1.jpg
picture373dz9th-1.jpg

The second night I got seats mid way along the first base foul line, can't remember the price, but it was still very good value.

It's certainly a different experience to a major league game and well worth it :)

Last edited:
Well thats cool. I was under the impression that if it was a Giants game, you couldnt just walk up and get tickets because they would be sold out. While I was trying to find places to get tickets, I even came across some US Amred Forces Vet who was now living in Japan and for a "small fee" he would buy your tickets and then mail them to whatever hotel you were staying at in Japan. Sounded a little risky to me..
So anyways, Im glad to hear that there is a good chance to just be able to walk up and get tickets to the game. What time did you get there before the game started?

Hello again.

Unfortunately, the 'time taken' on the picture's properties doesn't appear to be correct. But looking at the shadows in some of the other pictures I took at a similar time, I'd estimate it was slightly before or after midday (most likely after as I had a layin that day!). I think the second time when I got sitting tickets it was even later than that.

It would be good if any locals could confirm that this is still a reliable system to buy tickets on gamedays.🙏

Back
Top Bottom