What's new

Trying to Find Searchable Character Form Database Previously Mentioned Here

joadbres

八方凡人
19 Sep 2016
My memory on this is quite fuzzy, but I believe that roughly six months to a year ago someone included within a post a link to a website which enables the user to input a particular kanji and view a variety of forms in which the character has been written, including 行書体, 草書体, etc. I don't think it was a font site, because the output was mostly sets of images, if I recall correctly. I thought I had bookmarked the site, but can't seem to find it among my bookmarks. I did a forum search, but came up empty.

If anyone remembers the site which was previously referenced here, or can suggest a similar site that accomplishes what I described above, I would be most appreciative.

Yes, that site looks good. Thanks. My memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember that the site I saw referenced in this forum listed many variations for each character -- for example, multiple different 草書体 forms. What you provided suits my purpose, though.

A search engine is nothing without a searcher.
Thanks to both of you.

I searched through my bookmarks again, and found what might possibly be the site I saw referenced here. At any rate, this is a good site, and worth mentioning on this forum, as it might be of use to somebody. The site appears to specialize in "くずし字" forms. An example search results page from the site is here: 電子くずし字字典【文字一覧画面】 The entry point for the site is here: 【連携検索】

I tried to confirm if this was the site I had seen mentioned earlier by doing a search on the forum of the above domain name. There were no results, but that might be because the forum search feature does not include information from linked domains. Perhaps @thomas could (kindly) identify if any links from the above site have been posted on the forum previously.

Thanks for checking. I won't be able to narrow it down any further, because I simply can't remember.

Oooh, in-site bookmarks! I didn't know about that. That is a very useful feature, and I will be sure to take advantage of it. Thanks.

Actually, as I mentioned in the OP, I don't think it was a font site. That's a good site, though, so thanks. I'll bookmark it here, now that I know how to do that.

As for the site I am trying to remember, I believe that the context in which it was mentioned on this forum was as part of an attempt to interpret the characters on an object written in a hard-to-read style such as 草書体. One of the posters made a claim about the identity of one of the characters on the object, and referenced some images from the site in question to back up the assertion. I can't remember any more details other than that, unfortunately. Hopefully this will ring a bell with somebody.

Back
Top Bottom