What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

trying desperately to find my mom's lost pen pal for her birthday present

rebecca

Kouhai
Reaction score
I am trying desperately to find my mother's lost pen pal for either her birthday present or Christmas. She lives in Kobe Japan and the last contact my mother had with her was before the big earthquake. She has sent numerous letters and all have come back. Can anyone help? Her name is Toyomi Tnaka. You don't know what this would do for my mom!! If I locate her, I get to come with my mom to see her. Please if anyone has any information on how to find her, please email with information. Thanks so very much!!

h-kay

後輩
Reaction score
Hi! I live in kobe and was made homeless by the earthquake(of course I have a home now which I share with a lot of animals that were orphaned because of the quake). It changed a lot of people lives as well as more than 6500 who were killed. Can you give me as much info as poss about Toyomi T(A?)naka. Tanaka is a very common family name meaning "in the middle of a rice paddy". I'll see what I can do.

rebecca

Kouhai
Reaction score
I will get the last know address for my mom's pen pal and will get it to you as soon as possible. I know there was a lot of devastation during that earthquake and I am sorry you were left homeless. Hope all is well with your family. I will get back with you soon!!!

rebecca

Kouhai
Reaction score
pen pal

The last known address that mom has is 320 Miphune Street, Kobe Japan. Hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from your soon. Thanks so much for a little glimmer of hope.

h-kay

後輩
Reaction score
Please check the address again as that is not how addresses are usually written. An example of the usual style: 1-2-27 Kitano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0003
Also more info would be useful eg was she married?, approx. age, children?, job?, how did she and your Mum become pen-pals?

ohayougozaru

先輩
Reaction score
seems there are at least two tanaka sans in mifune street, which is now part of nagata ward in kobe-shi.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom