What's new

Trivia no Izumi

den4

先輩
15 Nov 2002
Another Japanese TV show on SpikeTV.
I saw an episode of this show when in Japan, and it窶冱 funny and interesting at the same time窶ヲ.doesn窶冲 come anywhere near the crazy stuff they did in the Takeshi窶冱 Castle show: (Paramount Network)

But it is pretty interesting in its own right窶ヲ.

The Spring of Trivia:

Paramount Network

As the esteemed author Isaac Asimov once noted, "Humans are the only animals that enjoy useless knowledge." This show capitalizes on Asimov's acute observation. A game show of fascinating information. Viewers send in obscure trivia which is then presented in video clips to celebrity judges. The judges vote for their favorite trivia segment by slapping a Hey button - the more interesting the trivia, the more Heys. The viewer who submitted the winning trivia wins the Golden Brain and other prizes. From the hit Japanese game show Spring of Trivia.

Hey! Spring of Trivia Episode Guide
Thu, November 11 @ 9:00 PM
Thu, November 11 @ 9:30 PM
Thu, November 18 @ 9:00 PM
Thu, November 18 @ 9:30 PM

Yes! Haha I was going to post a thread about this show. I think it is great that Spike is bringing over Japanese shows. They seem to be taking the success of Takeshi's Castle and deciding to try other Japanese shows. Although I do think they are just exploiting them, I can't see Japanese shows any other way so I am quite happy as long as they show it. Heh.

This was one of my favorite shows when I was still in Japan, though I don't know how well it will translate over. Humor is a tricky one, and a lot of Japanese humor relies on parody and inside nods that will probably be lost when out of context. One of my favorites was a play on the word "baka" which can be writen (though not often) with the kanji for horse and deer (馬鹿). The goal was to find out which was more baka, taking from the wordplay. We"ll just have to wait and see...

I'm interested to see if they will attempt to translate everything like it is supposed to be translated, or do the ridiculous style they use for "MXC" and not even attempt to make it like the original show.

hmm I would love to see them shows some time..maybe when I'm in Japan after a few weeks :)

So this was on tonight and I got to see a bit of it (My friend came over and totally messed up my schedule and I forgot about it OMGWTF!!!11) and it seemed cool enough. I'll be watching it every thursday from now on. And they actually do translate (mostly) correctly, so that is a plus. So yeah, Cool show.. Heh.

Back
Top Bottom