What's new

Traveling on a budget

Bleek

後輩
19 Apr 2007
We'll me and 2 friends of mine are planning out vacation for the summer and Japan was one of our choices. The only problem is, we only have a $2,000 limit.
I was wondering if $2,000 will last the whole 2 weeks we're planning to stay there and if we'll get a good experience for the short amount of time. We're barely graduating high school, so $2000 is a bit much for us and we're planning on working a month before we go.

I plan on going from July 6th to July 20th.

If anyone knows any cheap airlines and hotels, feel free to add.

I live in California, near the Sacramento International Airport btw.

That is 2000 a person? and a ticket is not included, right?

It would be a bit tight if you ask me, but it's possible (of course).

could always go on Eva Air, it was cheap for me to go from LA to Taipei and Philippines, but its worth it, I dunno if they fly to japan but its worth to look, but Eva Air is taiwanese airlines and cheap.

Orbitz or something like this online, take a look around, you culd get flights from L.A. or San Francisco for way cheaper through ANA or the other Japanese airline, which I can't remember it's name. Take good decisions regarding money, like buy one of those discount tix, and who knows?? you might get a round trip ticket from the locations I just mentioned for under 600. So you could do something like take greyhound to there and you might just save yourself a couple of hundreds.

And, yeah, you might want to work for an extra month to get that little extra you need for you to not go through any hurry in Japan. You also mentioned about it being a short amount of time, probably true, so, I would suggest to go to a Gaijin House for a month instead of hotels/hostels/ryokans and you stay there more time for less money. How's that sound??

Mauricio

Last edited:
Hm thanks for the replies. I think I might hold out on Japan. I don't want to be limited on my experience.

Hm thanks for the replies. I think I might hold out on Japan. I don't want to be limited on my experience.

Yeah, it's best not to rush through things, if you want and it is possible to make that trip, awesome, if not, there will be some other time. I know that for most of us in the forum, Japan might be awesome and like or might like it if we go there so much, but, hey, it ain't going anywhere.

Mauricio

Back
Top Bottom