What's new

Translation

I strongly recommend hiring a professional translator for your project. That's the best solution.

After you've been PAYING someone to do poor translations, nobody is going to be eager to do a good translation for you for FREE. You might try offering to pay to have this done.
Not everyone in the group agreed on the hiring of translators. But, since the two members of our team have never felt confident enough to do such a job and we were worried about the evaluation, we thought it was important to hire the translators. However, we do not take their curricula into account and we just hired them by our friends' recommedation. That was another of our planning mistakes - we ignored the sworn translation. On the day of the first evaluation, it was a terrible surprise to hear from one of our professors that he found a lot of mistakes related to Japanese Grammar. So he recommended the forum to us, saying that we could get some help here. After I learned about the rules of the forum, I realized that my request was an affront and the situation might have gotten worse if I offered to pay to it in advance. I tried to do that with two Japanese online friends before and they felt offended by that. As we are in February, I think if I try hard, I can translate the paragraphs by myself in time and show them to the professor. However, the problem is the kanji. So I need your help to transcribe them here. If one of you can do that, I thank you in advance. I apologize if I seem sassy. I hope you understand.

You're still asking us to work for free on a project you have paid other people to work on. Offer to pay and someone here might type it up for you.

Here's a result of OCR by Google Drive + Google Translate. It must be far better than the translation by you who don't know Japanese at all.
Disclaimer: I didn't check the accuracy both of the Japanese text and English translation.

Google 翻訳

Sorry guys, I have some questions:

1- Could I translate the word 見かけた (Mikaketa) as "I've seen it"? [Present Perfect Tense]

2- If I understood correctly, when we are talking about jobs, we just need to use the ideograms 男 (otoko) for men and 女 (on'na) for women or we can also find special words in Japanese to describe male jobs and female jobs?

3- About the word 'nun' (修道女が shūdō on'na), what is the function of the ideogram が (ga)?

1)
Your question is nonsense since 見かけた at the top of the page is an incomplete sentence which is continued from the previous page. Nobody can tell even who the subject is without knowing what is written the previous page.

2)
It totally depends on the occupation, but 男 is almost never used for male. For example, the word 修道男 doesn't exist. Note that 女 is not so commonly used, either. Nurse is 看護, for instance.

3)
The reading of 修道女 is shūdōjo. You shouldn't trust the romaji transcription by Google Translate, either.
Hiragana is phonogram, not ideogram.
が is the subject marker there.

I checked and cleaned up the Japanese text. Google OCR did a pretty good job. I'm impressed.

Here goes: Google 翻訳

As Toritoribe pointed out, the first sentence is incomplete. The same goes for the last one.

Good luck with your project! Go hire a translator.

Back
Top Bottom