What's new

Translation of these Kanji

Taff

Registered
17 Mar 2018
Hi These Kanji are on a t-shirt that someone brought back from Japan for me.
Could someone please tell me what they mean?
IMG_1046.JPG

魔偉区

It's most likely the transliteration of "Mike". The kanji are used just as phonetic symbols without meanings. Is this your name?

魔偉区

It's most likely the transliteration of "Mike". The kanji are used just as phonetic symbols without meanings. Is this your name?
Thanks for the reply, yes my name is Mike. But when I look at Google translate, Mike comes up as マイク.
A Mandarin speaking friend said the symbols mean Evil, Great, Area.
So I was hoping for a second opinion ;)

You are free to ask second opinion, but you don't seem to understand the Japanese writing system in the first place. Indeed each kanji have meanings, but it's also used as just a phonogram. (If I were the souvenir maker, I would choose 摩 or 真 instead of 魔, though.) See the following wiki page. That's a souvenir for foreigners since they often request to write their name in kanji without knowing it's impossible.
Ateji - Wikipedia

You are free to ask second opinion, but you don't seem to understand the Japanese writing system in the first place. Indeed each kanji have meanings, but it's also used as just a phonogram. (If I were the souvenir maker, I would choose 摩 or 真 instead of 魔, though.) See the following wiki page. That's a souvenir for foreigners since they often request to write their name in kanji without knowing it's impossible.
Ateji - Wikipedia
Sorry, you are the second opinion. Yes I do understand a little about the characters. Thank you. Your translation is what it is supposed to be, thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom