What's new

Translation of some movie quotes

kinjo

後輩
15 Mar 2002
hello all! i'm new to this forum, and joined mainly because i was hoping that someone could translate a bunch of quotes from a movie from english to japanese. there are all from a movie called KILL BILL, directed by quentin tartantino (i'm a geek ;) , i know , so if someone would be able to translate them for me that would be great! thanks so much!

O-REN (JAPANESE)
Fight me or work for me.

O-REN
As your leader, I encourage you to -- from time to time and always in a respectful manner, and with the complete knowledge that my decision is final -- to question my logic. If you're unconvinced a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so. But allow me to convince you. And I will promise you, right here and now, no subject will be taboo...except the subject that was just under discussion.

THE BRIDE (JAPANESE)
O-Ren Ishii! You and I have unfinished business!

O-REN (JAPANESE)
Sorry everybody, but I'm afraid we're going to have to close the place. There's some private business that we must attend to now.

O-REN (JAPANESE)
Swords however never get tired. I
hope you've saved your energy. If
you haven't, you might not last
five minutes.

YUKI (JAPANESE)
You call that begging? You can beg
better than that.

HANZO (JAPANESE)
I wanted to show you these....
However someone as you, who knows
so much must surely know, I no
longer make instruments of death. I
keep these here for their ascetic
and sentimental value.

HANZO (JAPANESE)
Revenge is never a straight line.
It's a forest. And like a forest
it's easy to lose your way...to get
lost... to forget where you came in. To
serve as a compass, a combat
philosophy must be adopted that can
be found in the secret doctrine of
the Yagu Ninja . And now my yellow
haired warrior, repeat after me;

"When engaged in combat, the
vanquishing of thine enemy can be
the warrior's only concern...
...This is the first and cardinal
rule of combat...
...Suppress all human emotion and
compassion...
...Kill whoever stands in thy way,
even if that be Lord God, or Buddha
himself... This truth lies at the heart of the
art of combat. Once it is
mastered... Thou shall fear no
one... Though the devil himself may bar thy way...

Can't wait for the DVD's huh? :) The problem is there are lots of ways to translate your quotes (if you don't use the movie as a guide), so they won't be exactly the same as in the movie. Maybe close, but probably not the same.

The full Kill Bill script (with Japanese) isn't on-line anywhere yet?

OoOo, thanks for the info! i don't need them exactly the same as the movie though, i guess just close enough to get the same point across, ya know? so i guess if you could give me some sort of translation,i'd still really appreciate it. and i've tried looking for the script online with the japanese parts included, but no one seems to have it... if anyone finds that, then please, post the link. thanks a bunch!

I've translated freely to Japanese at any rate. but I'm afraid that I've not seen Kill Bill yet and known the entire plot, hence I've made the mistakes in translation probably. take notice.

1. オーレン
私と戦え、さもなくば、私に従いな。

2. オーレン
親分として、ご丁寧に何度となくあんたに、私の理屈を疑うように勧めてきたわ。私の決定は変わることはないと十分に分からせつつね。もしも、私が決定したその特別な任務が、イケてる計画だと納得できないなら、そうだと言ってみな。納得させられない私が悪いよ。ここで今、約束するよ。タブーな話は無しよ。ただし、今、話してた計画以外はね。

3. ブライド
オーレン石井! 私とあんたとの因縁は終わっちゃいない!

4. オーレン
皆(みんな)、すまない。困ったことだけど、その場所に近づかなきゃならないみたいだね。そこには、今、私たちが避けては通れないヤボ用があるはずだ。

5. オーレン
刀(かたな)、飽きないねえ。あんたの体力がまだ残っていることを祈るよ。でなければ、あんたの命は、5分もないよ。

6. ユキ
あなたは、それを命乞いと呼べないの? もっと上手く命乞いできるでしょうに。

7. 半蔵
これを見せたかった。だがな、あんたのようにな、よく分かっている人間は、よく知っておかねばならん。もう私は殺しの道具を作らない。鍛錬と精神を磨くために、これらを置いてるんだ。

8. 半蔵
復讐は真っ直ぐな道のりではない。まるで森の中にいるようなものだ。道を誤りやすい。どこからやって来たのかも忘れてしまう。磁石のように振舞えば、伊賀忍者の奥義に見られるような戦いの哲学を、身につけられる。そして今、黄色い髪をした戦士・・・、君のことだ。私の言うことを、繰り返し言いなさい。

「戦いに身を置く時に、戦士は、そなたの敵を倒すことに集中することだ。これが戦いのイロハだ。そして、感情を静め、哀れみの心を捨てろ。たとえ神であっても、仏陀であっても、そなたと相対(あいたい)する者は誰でも叩き斬れ。この戦士の心構えを肝に銘じておけ。一旦、修得してしまえば、そなたは怖れるものが何もなくなる。悪魔が、そなたの目の前に立っていたとしてもだ」

my posting above is garbled in part.

5. オーレン
刀(かたな)、飽きないねえ。あんたの体力がまだ残っていることを祈るよ。でなければ、
あんたの命は、5分もないよ。

oh wow that's alot of japanese characters... it's just that i can't read them :/ i was really hoping that someone could translate that into romanji for me, but i didn't specify that in my initial post. thank you anyway tho! if anyone reads this post and see what moheji replied with and can translate that into ROMANJI for me, then please do so! thank you!

Back
Top Bottom