What's new

Translation of an old patent

LmdL

後輩
15 May 2016
Hello,
Can someone help me please with a translation of this old patent?

012dOiU.jpg

This should be a patent on the inlay method and it is from the online book, so the kanji were computer recognized and are probably not 100% right. I put in the parenthesis what is translated so far.

藤井象眼法 (= Fujii inlay method)
特許第五六七七號 明治三五、九、一七 (Patent 5677, Meiji 35-9-17)
特許權者 藤井繁之助 東京市木鄉區根津須賀町二一 (Patented to Fujii, Shigenosuke. 21 of suga-cho of nezu , Tokyo)
「解欲」 本發明は金、銀、銅、鐵、黃銅、紫銅、四分一、洋銀等
の器物へ金、銀、宵金、紫銅、四分一、銅、黄觸等の宽氣镀金を
以て山水、草木、禽獸、花寅、人物等の形象及文靠を從來の
布目象眼及平象眼の如く附着せしむる方法なり

Can someone help me with a translation of the 4 last rows please?
Thank you!

Not translation but corrections
Patent 5677, Meiji 35-9-17
Patent 5677, September 17, Meiji 35(= 1902)

東京市木鄉區根津須賀町二一
21 of suga-cho of nezu , Tokyo
東京市本鄕區根津須賀町二一
21 Nezusuga-cho, Hongō-ku, Tokyo
(the present 東京都文京区根津1丁目 Nezu 1-chōme, Bunkyō-ku, Tokyo)

「解欲」 本發明は金、銀、銅、鐵、黃銅、紫銅、四分一、洋銀等
の器物へ金、銀、宵金、紫銅、四分一、銅、黄觸等の宽氣镀金を
以て山水、草木、禽獸、花寅、人物等の形象及文靠を從來の
布目象眼及平象眼の如く附着せしむる方法なり
「解」 本發明は金、銀、銅、鐵、黃銅、紫銅、四分一、洋銀等
の器物へ金、銀、金、紫銅、四分一、銅、黃等の金を
以て山水、草木、禽獸、花、人物等の形象及文書等を從來の
布目象眼及平象眼の如く附着せしむる方法なり

Can someone assist me with the translation please?

Assist you? Or do it all for you?

People are often more forthcoming with help when the poster has told us a little story about what it is they're doing and why they are interested in having something translated. When people just drop a large block of text in our laps and say "Here, translate this for me. Thanks" it seldom attracts much attention or help.

Translation requests: please read first! | Japan Forum

With all the respect, I didn't just "drop" this text and give you 5min to translate it for me. I think I described it clearly - this is an old patent (from the Meiji era) which deals with a metal inlay technique, which I'm interested to read about, since my academic research is involved in it. I even put here the text as kanji, so these who want to support can just copy paste it and not manually write them from the picture I attached. I thank Toritoribe who supported with the correction of the text. I even succeeded to translate small parts of the text from the context - first 3 lines which deal with "who received the patent, where and when". For the translation of the body of the text I created the topic here, since I have no idea what it is about (only guess it's on inlay technique), Google translate gives me a gibberish. If I knew Japanese, I wouldn't bother you. But from your reply it seems like the ideal topic will be where topic starter posts the request to help him on translation and just answers for himself. Topic closed, everyone is happy.
Well, then this topic can be closed.

I think I described it clearly - this is an old patent (from the Meiji era) which deals with a metal inlay technique, which I'm interested to read about, since my academic research is involved in it.

No, you most certainly did not tell us why you are interested in it or that it has anything to do with your academic research.

Since you apparently didn't bother to read the link, I'll copy the pertinent parts here for you:

before posting a translation request, please make sure that

translation requests are related to your language studies
Translation requests that are not study-related (manuals, technical instructions, etc) will most likely be ignored.

you submit your own serious attempt at translating the text you require assistance with

Please note that

- the members posting in the translation subforum are all volunteerswho assist others as a matter of courtesy. So please be patient

I gave you advice about how to improve your chances of getting help. You chose to ignore the advice and be offended and defensive instead.

Back
Top Bottom