What's new

Translation of a technical manual (not a long document)

Tal

後輩
Reaction score
I need a translation of this manual:
http://www.protec-products.co.jp/products/dg/dg_es/pdf/DG-Y04_manual.pdf
from Japanese into English.
(without editing the photos or adding English captions inside the photos... really just a just a plain translation)

I can offer a Paypal payment (to pay directly to your Paypal account).

Of course you can contact me here and/or in a private message,

Thank you,
Tal.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
How much are you willing to pay?

If you need a translation of the whole thing, it should be at least $200, if not more.

If you just need some help figuring out how to install the device on your motorcycle...we would probably do that for nothing. (But you could make a donation to the website afterwards, if you like).

Tal

後輩
Reaction score
200 US Dollars? or Hong Kong dollars?
:)
I'm just kidding.
guess I'm in the wrong place then.

A donation to this web-site will be made.
this is a great web-site and a great source of information. wish i would have heard of it before my last trip to Japan (two months ago).
:)

Reaction score
Attaching the fuel consumption meter,
1. Remove the seat and right side shroud.
2. Find the ECU coupler.
3. Find the target wiring connections.
power (red/white) #15
- (black) #34
Injector signal (red/black) #33

Meter wiring,
Red, 12 volts with the ignition on
Blue, Ground
White, Injector signal

4. Use the included taps to attach the wires,
meter red -> harness red/white #15
meter blue -> harness black #34
meter white -> harness red/black #33

The taps have stoppers on the opposite side from where you attach the meter. Secure the side from the vehicle on the side without a stopper, and secure the side from the harness to the side with the stopper.
(I think the verb for 'secure' here かしめる means you're clamping the wire in this orientation in the tap, but I'm not 100% confident)

(My web browser is getting sluggish, I'm gonna save here and restart.)

Reaction score
5. Attach the handlebar mount to the left side of the handlebar. (Line drawing is shown as looking at it from the left side).
From outside to inside the drawing labels are,
Pedestal
Band
Rubber sheet
Handle

The last line on the diagram says to 'pull to tighten' and points to the end of the Band.

6. Use the included double-sided tape to attach the meter to the mount.
7. Attach the 5P Coupler from the harness to the meter. Reattach the seat and shroud (and anything else you had to remove).

The meter should be operational now.
---
That's the basics of the installation instructions (I abbreviated quite a bit of course). There's also verification/calibration instructions for insuring accurate readings and operating instructions for how to use the buttons on the meter.

Having come this far, I'm now thinking... if the whole front of the meter is printed in English, then surely they also have an English version of the user guide, even if it's not included in every package. Have you tried searching the web for the model and words like 'user guide' or 'installation manual' ... ?

---
Also, since the request has been changed from 'pay to translate' to 'help me install and I'll donate to the site', maybe the OP should be moved to a different section.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
I removed this thread.