What's new

Translation needed (Wikipedia graphic Meiji constitution)

Alain

Registered
19 Oct 2015
Hello
I was looking for schematics about the political system during the Meiji restoration . The only good one I found is the one on the Japanese Wikipedia-site. There is just one problem: I am from Switzerland and I am totally struggling with the translation.
Due to the fact that I am very interested in the modernization of Japan I decided to take it as my main subject for the school leaving examination. It would be great to use this schematic ( ファイル:politics Under Meiji Constitution.png - Wikipedia ) in my academic Paper with English words.

Kind regards
Alain

PS: Although there is a smiley spawning in the link as soon as I post this thread there should not be a problem. If this is not the case: The picture is also in the attachment.

Attachments

• Politics_Under_Meiji_Constitution.png
    Politics_Under_Meiji_Constitution.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 327
Thank you guys.
I have found the English version as well but the fact that it looks a bit different than the Japanese one confused me. So the English one is the same?
Furthermore I want to thank for the helpful link. Although I googled it as well I have not seen this website before it is a good summary to all the books I read in the last few months.
About the plagiarism, I know I have to be careful but our school offered some courses about that last year (when we had to choose our topic etc) and I visited them. I guess I can avoid plagiarism or at least I hope so.

I have found the English version as well but the fact that it looks a bit different than the Japanese one confused me.
You have good eyes.👍 You found the mistakes both in the Japanese and English versions as a result. The red arrow 天皇の名による裁判 Exercise jurisdiction in 'the name of the Emperor' from 裁判所 Courts to 天皇 Emperor in the Japanese version should be towards to 帝国臣民 Japanese citizens as in the English version, and the red arrow 助言 Advice from 枢密院 Privy Council to 天皇 Emperor is omitted in the English version. Here's the correct ones.
4ijv41.jpg

k54xm0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom