What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Translation help wanted

UnsungH3R0

Professional Ninja
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I've been searching for a reliable Japanese translation source for some time and happened to stumble across this site which, I must say, is amazing. From the topics I've read, all the members seem really awesome, helpful, and as much into Japanese culture and whatnot as I am. 🙂:

Anyway, I'm a beginner in Japanese and am currently working on a story. And well, it has a good bit of Japanese influence. Though it's become a fairly large project it is, nevertheless, something I am merely doing because I love writing. I'm taking art classes at my current college with plans of transferring to SCAD and am really, really, really hoping to turn this into a manga someday. Or at least a book of some kind.

I know, it's a pretty farfetched dream but it's my dream. And you might as well shoot for the moon. Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm here because I would like some help translating some things into Japanese. I've taken it upon myself to try and figure out what I believe is the correct translation but I would like a second opinion. And a third. However many are willing to lend me their aid.

It's only small things I need translating. Mostly the names of weapons as all the best swords have names. Now some translations were picked because they "sounded better"... not necessarily because they were 100% accurate. It is a story after all and naming something all comes down to making it sound awesomely epic. I would like the translations to be as accurate as possible so if I'm off please let me know.

Let's get started shall we?

• Black Dragon - Kokuryū (黒龍).
  • Ancient King - Kodaiō (古代王).
  • Destruction - Hakai (破壊)
  • Blindness - Shitsumei (失明)
  • Desperate Silence - Zetsubōteki Chinmoku (絶望的沈黙) - I may have this confused... it was a tad more difficult to translate than the others
  • Wolfsbane - Torikabuto (トリカブト)
  • Fang God - Bagami (牙神)

Well, that's all for now. There are a few more weapons in the story but I have yet to decide what I want to name them. Like I said... it's grown substantially. And continues to grow. So I'll come back sometime for some more help from you fabulous people. Thanks for the assistance! 🙂:

P.S. Thank you for inquiring about the job listing. This company pays workers in Internets based on a number of varying factors. +2 Internets for reading this post. We would appreciate feedback based on your experience with our company and look forward to working with you again in the near future.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
The only mistake is in the last one. 牙神 is read "Kibagami" or "Gashin".
I would use 古王[Koō] for "Ancient King" just because of the impression of the sound.

UnsungH3R0

Professional Ninja
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help! It's really appreciated! :)

Top Bottom