What's new

Translation Help Please

Zachary_Taylor

Registered
24 Dec 2019
Can someone please Translate and provide the correct kanji for the term "Never Truly Quiet"
I'm a beginner, so having it in hiragana or in anyway helps! Thank You, very much.

Moderator's note:
This post is moved from the following thread.

My attempt would be,
いつまでも真の静かじゃない
(いつまでも しん の しずか じゃ ない)

The way you put it capitalized and all makes me suspect you might want something more poetic and/or with specific connotations, but I hope that mine would be an acceptable general translation at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello thank you for replying back ❤

I was wanting it to be translated into a more proper catchphrase! Shorter but proper. It's for a slogan for a clothing brand!

Is "hontoni shizukana" correct?!

Never truly quiet. In a cool Japanese form ❤ pretty please help

Hontoni shizukana means something like "A truly quiet..." with the final noun, the thing that is quiet, being cut off.
So in addition to it being the opposite of what you are aiming for, it is an incomplete thought, a sentence fragment.

There are many Japanese brands that use fragmented English catch phrases or brand names. So if you don't mind having a nonsensical Japanese brand name, then Hontoni Shizukana might work for you. If the meaning is important, you'll need to compromise either meaning or length.

真の沈黙にならず Mano chinmoku ni narazu
真の静けさにならず Ma no shizukesa ni narazu
無音にならず Muon ni narazu

might work...but, clothes and silence/quietness don't really work as a pairing, so I'm not sure that the phrase is scrutable in either English or in Japanese. Is it supposed to be some kind of brand statement (expressing a value that the consumer my identify with)?

Hontoni shizukana means something like "A truly quiet..." with the final noun, the thing that is quiet, being cut off.
So in addition to it being the opposite of what you are aiming for, it is an incomplete thought, a sentence fragment.

There are many Japanese brands that use fragmented English catch phrases or brand names. So if you don't mind having a nonsensical Japanese brand name, then Hontoni Shizukana might work for you. If the meaning is important, you'll need to compromise either meaning or length.

真の沈黙にならず Mano chinmoku ni narazu
真の静けさにならず Ma no shizukesa ni narazu
無音にならず Muon ni narazu

might work...but, clothes and silence/quietness don't really work as a pairing, so I'm not sure that the phrase is scrutable in either English or in Japanese. Is it supposed to be some kind of brand statement (expressing a value that the consumer my identify with)?
I was aikkng for
"Hontoni shizukana" means "Truly Quiet", thus, the answer is no.
Can "never truly quiet" be translated? Ita for a brand logo,

静粛(せいしゅく(seishuku))
静かにして、慎んでいること。ひっそりと静まりかえっていること。また、そのさま。

Can "never truly quiet" be translated? Ita for a brand logo,
If it's for Westerners, then use my answer, any of Majestic's alternative answers, or any other answer anyone has already given you. Heck, use google translate if you want. It doesn't matter, because nobody will understand anyway.

If it's for Japanese people... and you aren't fluent in Japanese yourself... you should pay someone who is a marketing professional and speaks fluent Japanese to work on developing a good campaign. Answers from random people on the internet are no foundation for launching a business. You'll need at least one person fluent in Japanese and with some business savvy on your payroll anyway if you intend to do business in Japan.

Which is correct? I don't think the appropriate style is the same between slogan and logo.
Slogan. Very simple, "never truly quiet" ignore everything else mentioned above. Just something similar to "never truly quiet"
In a way that's catchy, makes sense, and authentic

Those suggestions shouldn't be ignored. Read Chris-san's post, for instance. It's impossible to give appropriate translation without knowing whether it's for Westerners or Japanese, as he wrote. Your attitude seems rude to me in the first place. Your statement "Very simple" shows that you don't understand how hard it is at all.

Back
Top Bottom