What's new

Translation for Zelda tattoo

Maxjprg

Registered
7 Jun 2014
Hello,

I'm working in a Tatoo shop in Paris and I need some help to understand some Japanese caracters for a work.

I'm designing a tatoo based on the famous video game "The legend of Zelda"
In this game you have an invented original language: The Hylian. Hylian caracters are based on Japanese caracters.

Hylian Language - Zelda Wiki

Im interested in 2 alphabets of this list:
The "Old Hylian" from "Ocarina of time": File:OldHylianOOT.png - Zelda Wiki
and
The "New Hylian" from "The WInd Waker": File:NewHylianTWW.png - Zelda Wiki

Those 2 alphabet are based on japanses caraters and that's why I am here.

In the tatoo I need to put 5 words: "East", "West", "North", "South" and "Center" or "Middle" or anything of the same meaning.
If I check for example the traduction of the word "East" with google traduction I get a caracter that is not in the grid of the caracters of the Hylian language from the site i juste linked to you.

So i'm lost, I was hoping to get some help from japanese skeaping people to get a translation of the words I need with the caracters present in the grid, in order to get a connection to a Hylian character.

Ideally, since the point is to do something pretty and not absolutly acurate I would like to be able to get the traduction of my words : East, West, North, South and Center into Hylian thanks to the japanses translation in the 2 alphabet I linked.
In that way I can then chose which one is the prettiest to use.

I'm aware that it's an original request and I would take absolutly any help you got.

Thanks a lot.

Use the new grid characters:

East ヒガシ
West ニシ
North キタ
South ミナミ
Center ナカ

Or use the old grid characters:

East ひがし
West にし
North きた
South みなみ
Center なか

Does this solve your problem?

Hello,

Thanks for your help !

So, if I'm using your translation could you tell me if I'm right with the connection into the grid ?
Some characters are really similar and the font size of the grid is low.

Am I right with this ?

BxcfwHs.jpg

(You can zoom in with a left click)

Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom