What's new

Translating a blog

Kaito

Registered
4 Aug 2017
Hi guys. I am in the midst of translating a blog and have been squeezing my head over this whole paragraph:
単独ライブに出てくださったダンサーさんの4人のうち2人のかよさんとしょうこさんがね、
実は私と二瓶のオーディション合宿の時についてくださってて教えてくださってたの!
だからそれ以来の再会が単独ライブのときで!
今日SHE先生にお二人からすごく嬉しい言葉をいただいたよって聞いてすっごく嬉しかったの!!!

What is your translation? What part can't you understand?
Heres my version of the paragraph:

During our solo live, we had 4 dancers of which 2 of them who are Kayo san and Shouko san,

(Clueless about the second line but it seems the writer is talking about receiving a favor when she and another partner, Nihei were both in training camp for an audition)

Hence since our second meeting, we met again during solo live.

And now I am very glad to receive good news from SHE sensei(clueless about the context of this line as well, seems to talk about a very specific person, but this blog is meant for fans.

Heres the original blog : 水 ひかる|PINK CRES. official blog Powered by Ameba

During our solo live, we had 4 dancers of which 2 of them who are Kayo san and Shouko san,
単独ライブに出てくださった modifies ダンサーさん.
As the particle が shows, かよさんとしょうこさん is the subject of ついてくださってて教えてくださってた in the next line.

Hence since our second meeting, we met again during solo live.
それ refers to オーディション合宿の時, thus, 単独ライブのとき is 再会 "meeting again" since オーディション合宿の時, not "since our second meeting".

And now I am very glad to receive good news from SHE sensei(clueless about the context of this line as well, seems to talk about a very specific person, but this blog is meant for fans.
Did you use "receive" as the translation of いただいた? Actually, the subject of いただいた is SHE先生.
SHE先生にお二人からすごく嬉しい言葉をいただいたよって聞いてすっごく嬉しかった makes more sense?

Back
Top Bottom