What's new

Top Sites not recording all inbound traffic

Craig Fryer

先輩
5 Dec 2002
I have noticed over the last few months that the "Top Sites" section does not seem to be recording anything like all the traffic we are sending.

I am not sure if this because the traffic is coming via a different domain (www.kimono.com.au) where our adserver is located.

We dynamically display the ads around our site (www.japaneselifestyle.com.au). Month to date we have recorded that we have sent 88, but "Top sites" is only showing 4. Now obviously we could be losing some traffic through the transfer process, but not at this rate.

Here is the traffic we sent over the last few months:
November 234
October 138
September 297

If the "Top Sites" system was recording the traffic accurately that we are sending then we would be in the 3rd position.

Look don't get me wrong, it is a good system other wise, and it does generate good traffic for us, but I think we could do better out of it.

Thanks for your feedback.

We currently employ a few measures of cheat protection. That includes counting hits from one and the same IP address only once a day and rejecting hits coming from proxy servers, otherwise we would be flooded with clicks from members trying to artificially inflate their stats.

I have changed the settings though to see if it increases your number of incoming hits.

Last edited:
That would account for there being only 8 (approximately one a day).

If that doesn't work I may have to try placing them at fixed locations.

Doesn't appear to have fixed the problem, so I am just going to use static banners and links. I hope this resolves the problem.

In case static banners and regular links do not increase your number of hits, please contact us again.

Back
Top Bottom