What's new

Too difficult for my brain

Granchester

Registered
8 Feb 2018
Hello,
I cannot understand these sentences and I have to translate it. Maybe you could help me .
It's an exercise too complicated for my little brain
1f609.png

Many thanks.

今まで、どうもありがとう。あなたは、彼ではないのだけれど…
彼に伝えられない気持ちをあなたに聞いてもらいましたね。

あなたは、彼ではないのに今までどうもありがとうございました。
これ以上は、あなたに甘えられませんね。

She thanks you for having listened to her in place of (I'm guessing) her (ex-)boyfriend, and adds that she can't keep involving you anymore.

Hello,
I cannot translate these sentence.
Is there a Syntactical problem or am I foolish :emoji_sob:
Thank you for your help.
Andrew

彼はきっと愛のある人だと思います。
彼が、娘の教育費を気持ちよく支えてくれる優しさを私が奪ってしまったのかな?
彼の娘への優しさを、娘から私が奪ってしまったのかな。

This is obviously from the same text as your other thread. You don't need to start a new thread each time. Go ahead and give us the full text instead of spoon feeding it to us a little at a time.

May I ask what you're reading? It looks like you are sneak reading someone's mail or diary.

Are you actually studying Japanese or are you just looking for a free translation service?

Translation requests: please read first! | Japan Forum

I'm sorry to start a new thread. It's not a full text. It's exercices. We have to translate it and try to continue, imagine the following. Topics about animals, or news is not difficult but there is a some examples about drama and it's really confuse. I can understand each words but I cannot understand the general sense excpecially between the subject and the accusative object. I often inverse the order.

I'm actually studying Japanese in Paris but it's hard, really hard.

Please let me know if my request is inappropriate or out of order.

The lines are unusually dramatic for an exercise. I was convinced you met a Japanese woman over the internet who's confiding her worries to you. 🙂:

The second line may be confusing for a beginner, but the first and third should be easy. What do you think they mean?

What can I say if you don't beleive I'm studying Japanese. It is safe to say that I did not meet a Japanese woman. I prefer men!
I understand in the first sentence that the narrator is talking about a person with love and compassion for others.

After that the narrator talked about her/his daugther's education and money (probably the tuition fees). I cannot understand. It's contradictory with the begining. And excepially how can I continue in 2 or 3 sentences :emoji_confused:

Something like :
人生 っ て 不 公平 よ ね...

Last edited:
Your interpretation for the first sentence is correct. 彼は きっと 愛のある人 だ - "He's surely a person with love", or in other words, "a loving person."

Let's leave the second line aside for a moment and look at the third one instead. See if you understand it better if it's rearranged like this:
私が 彼の[娘への優しさ]を 娘から 奪ってしまったのかな。

I don't see how 人生って不公平よね would fit here. Either way, it's too early to come up with an answer if you don't even understand the question yet.

I understand that a woman (probably the mother) ask herself if she separate her daugther from her father. No, in fact if he doesn't love anymore his daughter because of her (the mother). It's really not clear for my small brain :emoji_bow:

I am disturbed with 優しさを

Last edited:
〜さ changes an adjective to a noun.

優しい kind
優しさ kindness

You're on the right track.

From the first line, we can tell that the 娘 is not the daughter of the speaker and 彼 - after all, the first line shows that the woman doesn't know the man very well. きっと愛のある人だと思います - "I'm pretty sure he's a loving person" - is not how you talk about your partner. You'd expect a more confident 愛のある人だと思います in that case, or even a proud 愛のある人です.

So, knowing that the man and the woman did not have this daughter together and that therefore only one of them is her parent, you can have another go at understanding the sentence and imagining the situation these three actors are in.

Thank you, I see. How will you continue these sentences. Do you have some ideas and some examples please.

I merged the threads.
娘 is the speaker's daughter, and 彼 is her ex-husband. She is talking to another man she has been consulting about something (the daughter and/or herself, for instance) so far.

彼が、娘の教育費を気持ちよく支えてくれる優しさを私が奪ってしまったのかな?
Isn't there any typos there? 娘の教育費を気持ちよく支えてくれる doesn't make much sense. Grammatically, it should be 娘の教育を気持ちよく支えてくれる or 娘の教育費(/養育費)を気持ちよく支払ってくれる.

Many thanks for your help. My course is during the lunch time. I will let you know how this happened. Learning Japanese is difficult (for me) and sometimes exercices doesn't make sense
1f61f.png

I failed my exercise :emoji_disappointed:

What a surprise....

We haven't seen one word from you yet that indicates you are actually making any effort to do any of this on your own. All we've had is you asking us to do your homework for you. We will gladly take the time to help you learn and understand your assignments, but we will not just type up answers to your assignments to help you cheat your way through the class.

That's the end of it?

You're not going to ask for any help learning the material? You just wanted the answers for that exercise?

Back
Top Bottom