What's new

Tokyo Tech 2013

IouVen Chang

後輩
15 Nov 2012
Hi there, I will be going to Tokyo Tech on this coming March for master program.
Anyone get the offer from TiTech as well?

Currently I am still in the process of learning Japanese language, but progress seems like very very slow.

Hi there, I will be going to Tokyo Tech on this coming March for master program.
Anyone get the offer from TiTech as well?

Currently I am still in the process of learning Japanese language, but progress seems like very very slow.

If you can, enroll to the Intensive Japanese Course of Titech. It's quite effective (well, depending on whether you really try or not) but it's very time demanding (every morning three hours, and two hours on Thursday afternoon). You'll need the permission from your supervisor though. If you live in a dorm, it maybe quite challenging to keep up with the lessons - waking up early everyday and whatnot.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Yup, I believe I need to ask permission before signing up the course as I am yet to know what time I have to be in the lab, everyday.

Signing up for the language, do we need the credits for it? Is it important?

There are credit and non-credit courses. For more information, try to check out the website: Tokyo Institute of Technology International Student Center

If your Japanese is not good, the intensive is actually very helpful since it helps you to overcome the first barrier. After that, you can pick up the language through daily conversations and whatnot. The regular courses (once a week) are rather slow and not very effective, if not at all, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom