What's new

Tokyo Internet cafe

koolkool

後輩
24 Jul 2006
I want to know the location of Internet cafes in Tokyo, and how much does it costs for an hour.Anyone can help?👍

I've been to one I think in Shibuya. I'm not sure how long we were there for, but it ended up costing somewhere between 400 and 600 yen per hour. This included a self-serve drink bar, large reading selection, TV with a PS2, a computer with a high-speed internet connection, and lord knows what else.

And yes, I believe I visited JREF from there.

I also remember using an Internet cafe in Shibuya, but I couldn't find it on my last trip. I used one in Roppongi one time as well. If memory serves, it was at one of the corners at Roppongi crossing upstairs.

Jin Kazama said:
sorry, may be a dumb question, but is 400 - 600 yen per hour considered as cheap or expensive ?

To me it's cheap. Under $4.00 - $6.00 U.S.

I found a Tokyo Guide (Fall, 2005) that I used. It has some Internet cafes listed. Among them:

Net Cafe - 100 yen/15 min. Almond Building 5F. Roppongi. Japan comics and Internet.

Cafe J Net - 7F, 34-5 Udogawa-cho, Shibuya (Saito Building).

Gera Gera - 3-17-4 Shinjuku-dori Ave., B1, Shinjuku. 380 yen/hour. Internet and comics. Open 24 hours. Near Kinokuniya Bookstore.

Net Square - 1-15-6 Ginza. 250 yen/30 min. Internet and copy shop.

koolkool said:
I want to know the location of Internet cafes in Tokyo, and how much does it costs for an hour.Anyone can help?👍
I'm 100% sure there are cafes around any station at which people are transferable.

When I walk around in Kobe or Osaka, I don't see any internet cafe...

I remember from my backpacking time in Australia, that there were internet cafe's everywhere, and I expected Japan to have more, but I can't find them.

Jin Kazama said:
sorry, may be a dumb question, but is 400 - 600 yen per hour considered as cheap or expensive ?

Not a dumb question.
1000 yen per 3 hours OR 70 yen per 10min. is an average charge. 1000 yen = US 8.7 dollars.

I go an Internet cafe 3 times a week and I've been about 10 cafes in Tokyo and Kanagawa Pref.

I've been to one I think in Shibuya. I'm not sure how long we were there for, but it ended up costing somewhere between 400 and 600 yen per hour. This included a self-serve drink bar, large reading selection, TV with a PS2, a computer with a high-speed internet connection, and lord knows what else.

And yes, I believe I visited JREF from there.
think ive been there. Is it past 109 building (coming from the station) on the right? above a large arcade (sega???)??
Took me ages to manage to get the computer to write in english script😄

Haven't been there in a couple of years, but when I first started going to Japan and staying in the Shinagawa area, I'd go to the Yahoo Cafe in the Shinagawa Prince Executive Tower (9th floor I think). Was 500 yen which got you a drink and PC. I don't recall there being a time limit.

Gera Gera - 3-17-4 Shinjuku-dori Ave., B1, Shinjuku. 380 yen/hour. Internet and comics. Open 24 hours. Near Kinokuniya Bookstore.
I use this one quite a lot, when they aren't closed for extended renovations :eek:. The basic charge is about 200 yen/30 min.

You wont find internet cafes in Japan, they are extremely rare.

What you will find is Manga kisaten - "Manga Cafes" if you wish - that have computers for you to use as well. They are everywhere, my town has 2 McDonald's and 6 Manga Cafe all with internet access ;)

Back
Top Bottom