What's new

To understand spoken language

Lotorie

先輩
3 Dec 2007
So it goes with writing.
But, university don't teach us spoken language.

(sorry if my English is bad, I just woke up... :sorry:)

I wondered if you can give me adress where I can find spoken language...

I've heard about NHK that you can "slow" or "fast" when the guy is speaking...

I need that sort of thing...

Hope you understand what I mean...☝

You want a site where you can somehow study understanding? Or you want a link to some japanese radio station where they just talk a lot?

Do you take normal japanese lessons in your university? Since japanese is a phonetic language just by learning Hiragana, Katakana and a few thousand Kanji, you basically know how to speak (of course you need to learn some words first).

I have been studying japanese since 3 years.
But we focus on translation on texts, history an litterature from japanese manual.

So no really problem of vocabulary.

Problem is to listen to someone speaking casually and translate it directly.
So I thought about listen to radio and try to work on it.

So it goes with writing.
But, university don't teach us spoken language.
(sorry if my English is bad, I just woke up... :sorry:)
I wondered if you can give me adress where I can find spoken language...
I've heard about NHK that you can "slow" or "fast" when the guy is speaking...
I need that sort of thing...
Hope you understand what I mean...☝
I understand both your interest and that NHK show (although "slow" drags me down to the brain dead zone). Useful perhaps for adjusting your ear to a few words here and there. Not so helpful in my opinion without a foundation to follow the transcript or the high level grammar and vocabulary natural language is based on.

But go here for the link, try it out, along with the earlier thread on this subject with a few other pointers to hopefully enrich the whole experience. :)

Good technique for listening practice

Oh thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Already done for a long time and still doing it of course!!

:)

Try this site japanese videos

Lots of video with included transcripts of the spoken words both in kana/kanji and romaji/english. (his romaji "translations" are sometimes a bit off here and there..might just be typos or a lack of understanding on my part. But in any case the videos include homemade ones so you get that "casual" speech.)

Not very expensive.

You could buy an inexpensive short wave radio. At night you can receive Japanese radio almost anywhere in the world. I use a Grundig model YB400PE and I can listen to stations from all over the world. It is easy to use and has lots of features for a low price.

Uncle Frank

👍

I figured out a method on my own, probably im not the only one though.
So here's what I do:
Watch a whole anime series with subtitles. Wait a couple of weeks to forget the exact events. And I watch it again without the subs.
I don't know if its proven to work, I find it a useful method, it works for me.
Of course you can use pretty much anything, any kind of film that is.

I figured out a method on my own, probably im not the only one though.
So here's what I do:
Watch a whole anime series with subtitles. Wait a couple of weeks to forget the exact events. And I watch it again without the subs.
I don't know if its proven to work, I find it a useful method, it works for me.
Of course you can use pretty much anything, any kind of film that is.

As you guessed, your not the only one. I do this quite often and find it to help a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom