What's new

time is drawing near! renting a place?

gaijingig

先輩
31 Oct 2005
Hello all,
well as my trip to Japan is drawing near I'm wondering I thought of renting an apt for the month that i'm going to be there. My buddy offered me to crash at his place,but i feel for a month i might be pushing my luck. I have prepared for this trip, but i dont want to throw money away.. has anyone actually rented any apts that are mentioned on this site? they look beautiful.I plan on making tokyo my "hub" as i travel all round the country. I'm a single black young looking 42. I've been advised about trying to rent a place on my own- not to try it. hahaha.. so this much i know better.
thanks again
Gig

I'd recommend considering one of the "weekly mansion" type places which specialize in short term rentals of (semi-)furnished apartments by the week or by the month.

Married, white, tired-looking 42 year old guy here.

Guest houses ("gaijin houses") let you pay by the week or month. But why are you planning to stay in just one city if you are going to be here for a month? Sorry, but I don't know the reason you are coming. Sounds like a vacation, which suggests to me that you would be traveling about.

where to stay

Hello all,
thanks for the replies!!!
Yes i am planning on staying for a month(jetski next year or perhaps India!) I understand what you mean about staying in one place. I do mostly 1-2 day trips then it's back to the hub. I plan on being in Tokyo most of the time. So i thought this might be a good idea -unless some who has the experience can advise.. i'm open to all.
thanks
Gig

Yes it will be for a vacation. I plan on seeing as much as i can. i do mostly 2-3 day trips unless i spend more time in one city than another.. This spending one month in one country is already getting me down. I normally see multiple countries when going away for this amount of time. but i feel that Japan(like italie) will need a lot of time to take it all in.. slowly

Back
Top Bottom