What's new

Those things are right, aren't they?

derick78b

先輩
12 Oct 2011
Hey, it's me.

As you already know, I'm a newbie and I'm trying my best to write and understand japanese language.
Correct my senteces.

昨日大学へ行きました。-> Yesterday I went to school.
私の犬は飯を要ます。 -> My dog needs food.
虫はテーブルの上を死にました。-> The insect (bug) died in(above) the table.
私たちはどこ会わますか。 -> Where will we meet?

Thank you very much,

Bye bye.

I'm not gonna buy anything.

I'm not asking YOU to answer my questions, I'm asking anyone.

If you don't want to help me, fine, simply ignore me as I'm by now doing with you.

So, if you want me to buy a textbook, please, buy me one and send to my house, I'd be very very happy and thankful. But, if your goal in life is to make me buy a textbook, I'm saying: "Nope, I don't want to buy one, thanks".

I hope you be quiet next time you see my name,
thanks.

Hey, it's me.
As you already know, I'm a newbie and I'm trying my best to write and understand japanese language.
Correct my sentences.
昨日大学へ行きました。-> Yesterday I went to school.
私の犬は飯を要ます。 -> My dog needs food.
虫はテーブルの上を死にました。-> The insect (bug) died in(above) the table.
私たちはどこ会わますか。 -> Where will we meet?
Thank you very much,
Bye bye.

昨日大学へ行きました。
The word for 'school' you're using is daigaku, which is university (they have a word for college, but if you're talking about college as we understand it in Japanese, you WILL use daigaku). The more common word for school as we understand it is gakkou, 学校。

犬は飲を要ります。
The word for 'food' you have here is nonexistent. It would turn into nomu, to drink. You could say 'doggu fuudo' for dog food. A simpler answer would be to use tabemono, 食べ物.
犬は食べ物を要ります。

虫はテーブルの上を死にました。
Replace 'wo' the object marker with 'ni'. No ue ni, no shita ni, no mukou ni, all these kind of locations work with the no-blank-ni construction.
虫はテーブルの上に死にました。

私たちはどう会わますか?
Doko (where) instead of dou (how). You have a conjugation here for au, 'awamasu', which doesn't exist. You do have something though. To make a plain negative you conjugate it to Base 1 and add nai. Since the verb ends in ~u, base 1 is ~wa + nai. Awanai (not meet [polite form is aimasen]). Here is the corrected sentence.
私たちはどこに会いますか?
(Note that I added 'ni' after doko. The ni isn't necessary in casual speech, but since we have the polite 'aimasu' I threw the ni in there to make it more proper. A super-casual way to say all this would be this: (and let's assume 'we' is already assumed) どこ会う? It's that simple.

頑張ってください。

Fine, I'll ignore you from now on, just as you wish.

One last word of advice for you: at least say "please" when making your posts. People are more receptive to polite requests than demands.

Some useful Japanese vocabulary items: 我儘、自己中心, 無礼

Best of luck to you.

昨日大学へ行きました。
The word for 'school' you're using is daigaku, which is university (they have a word for college, but if you're talking about college as we understand it in Japanese, you WILL use daigaku). The more common word for school as we understand it is gakkou, 学校。

犬は飲を要ります。
The word for 'food' you have here is nonexistent. It would turn into nomu, to drink. You could say 'doggu fuudo' for dog food. A simpler answer would be to use tabemono, 食べ物.
犬は食べ物を要ります。

Oh, thank you a lot.

But one more thing: Without "私の犬", how can the other one know that we're talking about MY DOG, it could be simply any dog, don't you think?
That's why I put "watashi no", because I thought only with "ino" it would be kind of confused.
But if you say so, of course it is correct.

Thank you once more,

Derick.

Oh, thank you a lot.

But one more thing: Without "私の犬", how can the other one know that we're talking about MY DOG, it could be simply any dog, don't you think?
That's why I put "watashi no", because I thought only with "ino" it would be kind of confused.
But if you say so, of course it is correct.

Thank you once more,

Derick.

I just rewrote it assuming that in this particular example everyone knew it was 'my dog'. If it was a brand new subject out of nowhere, watashi no inu might be necessary.

私の犬はを要ます。
犬はを要ります。
You misread the kanji in the OP's thread.;-)

私の犬(に)は餌が要ります/必要です。

が is used to indicate the object of 要る/必要だ.

Replace 'wo' the object marker with 'ni'. No ue ni, no shita ni, no mukou ni, all these kind of locations work with the no-blank-ni construction.
虫はテーブルの上に死にました。
虫はテーブルの上死にました。

死ぬ is an action verb, and で indicates the location of action. に is for the location of existance.

私たちはど会わますか。
私たちはど会わますか?
You misread again.

どこ会いますか?

会う is an action, too. You don't need to say 私たちは since it's obvious.

(Note that I added 'ni' after doko. The ni isn't necessary in casual speech, but since we have the polite 'aimasu' I threw the ni in there to make it more proper. A super-casual way to say all this would be this: (and let's assume 'we' is already assumed) どこ会う? It's that simple.
Indeed, に is often omitted in どこに行く?(どこ行く?) , どこに座る?(どこ座る?), etc, but you can't omit で.

Back
Top Bottom