What's new

Think This Would Help With My Learning?

Hasegawa

後輩
10 Sep 2014
Okay, so I live near a little Japanese cafe, and it's amazing. The owner's are from Japan, the tv streams live television from Japan, and Japanese music plays over the speakers. I want to talk to the owner's in Japanese, because once in a while they get Japanese customers and speak to them in the language, but i'm nervous i'll screw up, plus i'm still learning! And I want to maybe ask about a job, because why not, it would be perfect, and i visit like at least once every 2 weeks. Think that's too personal? I just thought it'd be cool to work there and practice my Japanese and stuff, but idk.

I guarantee you'll screw up. If you wait to speak Japanese until your learning reaches the point you won't screw up, you'll NEVER speak Japanese.

I screw up multiple times daily. Life goes on.

I guarantee you'll screw up. If you wait to speak Japanese until your learning reaches the point you won't screw up, you'll NEVER speak Japanese.

I screw up multiple times daily. Life goes on.
So are you suggesting I just go for it, and learn through experience?

So are you suggesting I just go for it, and learn through experience?

I thought it was clear.

You're not going to just study and study and study and then at some point find yourself magically speaking and understanding Japanese perfectly despite never having tried to use it.

Keep up your studies, of course, but if you have some opportunity to get real-life experience interacting with people using Japanese, you would be a fo0l to pass it up.

I thought it was clear.

You're not going to just study and study and study and then at some point find yourself magically speaking and understanding Japanese perfectly despite never having tried to use it.

Keep up your studies, of course, but if you have some opportunity to get real-life experience interacting with people using Japanese, you would be a fo0l to pass it up.
yeah, i'm no doubt gonna do it. I just don't know exactly when. I'm still a beginner so i'm just gonna learn a bit more then go out and try it.

yeah, i'm no doubt gonna do it. I just don't know exactly when. I'm still a beginner so i'm just gonna learn a bit more then go out and try it.
How about to start with just a greeting, something like いい天気ですね[Ii tenki desu ne] "Beautiful day, isn't it?"? Then, you explain you are studying Japanese in English. They might talk to you in Japanese (and also in English when you seem not to understand what they said) next time. If I were them, I would do that.

Back
Top Bottom