What's new

Things you need to know about living in Japan

I think you have already posted his link. Definitely historic. ;)

I think you have already posted his link. Definitely historic. ;)

I don't know, I just came across this today. Might be part of the link I haven't read yet. Thanks
Have you read it, very interesting though.

Have you read it, very interesting though.

His page has been online since 1997 and was originally hosted on Geocities if I remember correctly. A veritable web dinosaur and a classic (though partly outdated).

Some sections on politics and economy haven't been updated since PM Koizumi's tenure. The latest updates I've found date back to 2014.

Besides looking quite dated, a lot of what is said depends on the reader's POV being that of a naive american. It's not about traveling to Japan, it's about americans who might be traveling most anywhere.

For the american reader, you could edit the country to become most anyplace (Italy, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Philippines, etc.), and many (if not most) of the 'cautions' would be equally true/applicable.

Besides looking quite dated, a lot of what is said depends on the reader's POV being that of a naive american. It's not about traveling to Japan, it's about americans who might be traveling most anywhere.

For the american reader, you could edit the country to become most anyplace (Italy, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Philippines, etc.), and many (if not most) of the 'cautions' would be equally true/applicable.

I do not agree!!

WOW! this is a read, some good pointers. but i think it very from person to person. Question is, Why do a person want to move to another country like Japan and what do you plain on accomplishing while you live out there. Once you know, some of the things in this article will help you. I would 100% not recommend anyone to bring their pets with them "Bringing a Pet with You to Japan." unless you already have something set up.

NO WAY!... "Dealing with Mr. NHK" is real. OMG, a few years ago i watch this anime called Welcome to NHK

"Is that price RIGHT?? They gotta be kidding!!" "One night of every month (varying from area to area) people dump their large, non-burnable trash (sodai gomi).." i have heard of this but i only travel in and out of Japan for events. so i never say this.

"What if I get sick in Japan?" Don't get me started.

This is a long article but a good read.

Thank you for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom