What's new

There is no country better than another in the world...

chicagian239

後輩
23 Sep 2012
The Americans may think of their country as superior to Japan because it's their western material civilization that modernized Japan and it's their democratic politics that made Japan democratic. However, while the majority of Japanese pop culture is based upon the affection of cuteness which seems quite delicate and adorable, the whole anglo-saxon American culture is about ugly big muscles and rough strength competition, plus the Americans are generally lazy compared to the Japanese.

The Chinese may think of their country as superior to Japan because of the huge influence that Confucianism has had on the traditional culture of Japan and even Japenese people's behaviors and mindsets today, which means, you know, the cultural origins by which East Asians are more submissive to their superiors all come from ancient Chinese civilization. However, while Japan is a highly modernized developed country with high-end technologies on nearly all aspects, China is still a developing country struggling with poverty and urban sanitation in large parts of its land.

Therefore, I believe there is just no perfect country in the world. No country is better than Japan, and Japan is not better than any country. Period.

When people use "therefore" the expectation is that their preceding arguments prove the following conclusion.

Because there is nothing in your arguments about what would constitute a perfect country. Nor do you offer any objective means of determining which countries would be closer than others to that unspecified ideal. You just arbitrarily decide that they all have the exact same score.

Random observations about three countries aren't sufficient evidence for the conclusions you arrive at, especially since you gather the entire planet into your conclusions.

And "however" isn't appropriate for refuting apples with oranges.

At any rate, subjective observations aren't sufficient for drawing objective conclusions.

Ok, I take that conclusion back. I just think the three countries aren't better than one another. Ok for you now?

Ok, I take that conclusion back. I just think the three countries aren't better than one another. Ok for you now?

Absolutely. Everyone is entitled to have their own subjective opinions about anything at all.

Because it is. Do you think "subjective" is a negative term?

No, but I based all my arguments on my personal observation. Most Americans do prefer big muscle stuff to little cuties, right?

No, but I based all my arguments on my personal observation. Most Americans do prefer big muscle stuff to little cuties, right?

I have no idea. That is your personal observation, perhaps affected by your personal biases, and is subjective. Take a survey or something and then you might have something you can offer as objective proof for an objective conclusion.

The Americans may think of their country as superior to Japan because it's their western material civilization that modernized Japan and it's their democratic politics that made Japan democratic. However, while the majority of Japanese pop culture is based upon the affection of cuteness which seems quite delicate and adorable, the whole anglo-saxon American culture is about ugly big muscles and rough strength competition, plus the Americans are generally lazy compared to the Japanese.

Americans are among the most industrious and overworked people in the world. A multiplicity of evidence abounds, examples of which follow:

The U.S. is the Most Overworked Developed Nation in the World – When do we Draw the Line?

The U.S. is the Most Overworked Nation in the World

The World; Why America Outpaces Europe (Clue: The God Factor)

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/08/weekinreview/the-
world-why-america-outpaces-europe-clue-the-god-factor.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Etc.

chicagian239, You are living in NY, and it is very strange that You could see here only muscles and gadgets. You are student in university. Do You have any favorite professor? Favorite student? Are people kind with You? Don't You think that these things could make states a perfect country?

Sorry for telling that, but based on Your observations I think that You are small and m/b cute ... am I right? I am so sorry, that american people does not keep You in their list of preferences.

I think that You could be very good in poetry, You know a rythm.

Americans are among the most industrious and overworked people in the world. A multiplicity of evidence abounds, examples of which follow:

The U.S. is the Most Overworked Developed Nation in the World – When do we Draw the Line?

The U.S. is the Most Overworked Nation in the World

The World; Why America Outpaces Europe (Clue: The God Factor)

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/08/weekinreview/the-
world-why-america-outpaces-europe-clue-the-god-factor.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Etc.
I know American people are more hardworking than most other parts of the world, but not when compared with Japan or China. I'm pretty sure, and you may think so if you've stayed in Japan or China for a while. It's not that Americans are not industrious enough, but that East Asians are too industrious.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

chicagian239, You are living in NY, and it is very strange that You could see here only muscles and gadgets. You are student in university. Do You have any favorite professor? Favorite student? Are people kind with You? Don't You think that these things could make states a perfect country?

Sorry for telling that, but based on Your observations I think that You are small and m/b cute ... am I right? I am so sorry, that american people does not keep You in their list of preferences.

I think that You could be very good in poetry, You know a rythm.

If several favorite classmates and professors can make a country perfect, then I'm afraid even North Korea can be considered a perfect country. If you don't mean to be sarcastic by guessing I'm small, then I'd say yes. I'd always like to go the cuteness path to shape my own impression, and most Americans aren't interested in that at all. It seems that all they admire about an adult male is physical power and masculine stature. I'm ok with big muscle stuff, but do find it disgusting if that's all they admire about a man.

chicagian239, I am so sorry, I did not mean to be sarcastic at all. I just did some assumption based on two clear statements in Your observation. From that side, did You try to analyse the way how Your observation were developed? I mean, are You sure that it was product of clear logic, or it was a grievance for lack of ability to attract enough attention from other human beings. Did You try another approach? I mean, instead of blaming low taste to muscles, You may try to do something really outstanding. You know, in real life, human beings estimate attractiviness not by appearance, but by good deals and great attitude.

If several favorite classmates and professors can make a country perfect, then I'm afraid even North Korea can be considered a perfect country.
Your fear is very reasonable. I think that it was confucy, who told that 'good people are doing good everywhere', in the other words, country does not matter, it is all You, who make country good or bad. If You are bad man You will feel bad in Japan, USA or China, because it is nothing wrong with countries, something is wrong with You.

BTW, several classmates could make Your life happy, and that is reality.

"Perfect" or "better" is a vague term if you don't provide any additional background. First, what is the definition of a "perfect" country? Or "better" country? And when you compare things, you have to do it "quantitatively", by providing numbers from research. Personal observation is good, but as Mike states, based on which your opinion is subjective. For example, I can say apple tastes better than orange, but it doesn't make apple tastes better than organe in general for everybody. You are entitled to your believe, but when you put your opinion to a public forum, you should expect counter-questions from other people.

I know American people are more hardworking than most other parts of the world, but not when compared with Japan or China. I'm pretty sure, and you may think so if you've stayed in Japan or China for a while. It's not that Americans are not industrious enough, but that East Asians are too industrious.

The desire of Chinese and Japanese to overwork themselves has nothing to do with Americans being lazy; it's a different cultural mentality when it comes to work. If you think this way about Americans you ought to visit Spain, where the siesta is still a viable part of Spanish culture- a Spanish girl that I know thinks that all Americans are crazy for working too hard and for taking work too seriously.

Weather aside, That perfect country exists and is called Scandinavia.
(With Denmark being a country with not only the highest standard of living, and no national debt*, but also the happiest population in the world)

A lot of western Europe is pretty sealed up too,

America on the other hand - yea, the country that receives more aid from medical charities than anywhere else in the world. not in the same league

What makes you confused exactly, please?

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

I admit that Americans are more industrious than Europeans.

Its a pretty subjective point many countries have great perks and terrible drawbacks. Australia is great but our current politicians are fairly worthless.

Back
Top Bottom