Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 窶堋サ窶堙娯?伉シツ ツ(Others)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bakaKanadajin

先輩
30 Apr 2007
It's a beautiful thing.

BBQ'd chicken on little sticks, sometimes salty, sometimes with the tangy-sauce, always delicious.

窶扛ナ?テ板 ツ−ツ Chicken with green onion
010-1.jpg

窶「ツ≫?凖岩?堙個 ツ−ツ Just good ol' chicken on a stick
torinarabegif-1.jpg

窶堙や?堋ュ窶堙仰 ツ−ツ Chicken sausage
tukune55-1.jpg

窶堋ゥ窶堙ュツ ツ−ツ Chicken skin
2009_01130143-1.jpg

ツ債サナ?テ個 ツ−ツ Gizzard
sunakgmo-1.jpg

ニ地ニ団ツ ツ−ツ Heart
hatu40-1.jpg

窶堋ゥ窶堋オ窶堙ァツ ツ−ツ Pork

Yakiton is not yakitori

I see you've included yakiton (pork) with yakitori (chicken). IMHO, they are not the same and should be kept separate even though the cooking method is the same.

Of the ones you've listed, I like tsukune the best, but my favorites are sasami (chicken breast) when it's done well--only a few places can do it justice--and tebasaki (chicken wings) the epitome of yakitori.

But I'm with you, forays into the Wondrous Tokyo Night are not complete without occasional visits to a favorite yakitori joint.

Last edited:
I love yakitori but rarely get to eat it because my husband can't take chicken and poultry in general. *so sad!!*

I love all of the types listed but voted for "sunagimo" because it's tricky (and "mendokusai") to prepare. 😌

I recently was introduced to this when my friend took me to a yakitoriya for the first time in a long while:

090215h-1.jpg

It's called "ponchiri," the tail end of the chicken and is very delicious! 👍

It looks really good !!! It looks succulent and juicy.
I will ask for it next time and see if they have it!

Some places have their own little creations of course too.. I tried to list the most standard offerings above but one place I went to the other night did a really REALLY good nori-wrapped tsukune combination thing with sesame seeds, that was excellent, they also did chicken arteries which were surprisingly good and their nankotsu was quite different and I actually enjoyed it, I was pleasantly surprised as I rarely like nankotsu.
👍

Tebasaki

How to eat tebasaki

As mentioned previously, I'm a big fan of tebasaki. But the problem with tebasaki (chicken wings) is that it's messy to eat. Well, that's not necessarily so. There is a non-messy way to eat them. Just watch this vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vid showing how to eat tebasaki (because the one above was deleted :( )

However, some yakitoriyas serve it partially disassembled, so you don't have to fuss with it. :)

3779978996_0d6a7b2432-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a beautiful thing.

窶扛ナ?テ板 ツ−ツ Chicken with green onion
010-1.jpg

窶「ツ≫?凖岩?堙個 ツ−ツ Just good ol' chicken on a stick
torinarabegif-1.jpg

窶堙や?堋ュ窶堙仰 ツ−ツ Chicken sausage
tukune55-1.jpg

I must try Yakitori! :42: *Runs to check tickets to Japan* Dang, still too much for a snack run. :( I'll have to look up recipes to try on my day off.

Back
Top Bottom