What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

The order of learning words

Seido

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm thinking about making a notebook with the words I learn but I can't really think in which order they should be put. I was surfing the net to find out how it should be done and one particural way caught my attention. It involves writing down all the words I can read when introducing a new kanji. If the first word in my notebook would be 何 then I could only write down 何も and 何か. When introducing 誰 I could only write words like 誰も, 誰か or 誰でも. I think it's a good way since using that I will never repeat any word, but after like, a 100 kanji the lists will get really big, and that's my worry.

What do you think about that? Could you recommend a better way of learning kanji and words?

Kraise

先輩
Reaction score
After leaning at least 600 kanjis you start to feel "diminishing returns" in making lists and repeating isolated words.

I can only recommend you to read and write texts with a certain frequence, so that you can learn new words and their kanji. After sometime you will start recognizing patterns and readings, for example: the "張" in "見張り" and "頑張る".

In my opinion the best way to "absorb" knowledge is by using it, many times, in different ways, hence, the writing part.

Top Bottom