What's new

The nine wonders of the world?

potatoe

後輩
31 Mar 2004
What does everyone on here think are the best things, sights buildings etc..
in the whole world and not in particular the nine wonders of the world?
:D

[ :) and also if anyone knows what they all are i, please do post them on here, i only know about 6 of them. :) ]

well.. some of them can't be seen anymore.. like the hanging gardens of babylon and that giant statue dude... watchamacallhim..
for some reason i thought it was "the seven wonders of the world".. i wonder why..

there's the pyramids, statue of Zeus, temple of Artemis, colossus of Rhodes, the Pharos of Alexandria..and I think the other may be a tomb...

for my personal choices - i really like the Brooklyn Bridge! the Eiffel Tower is cool too.

hmmm, I'm not sure..I wouldn't be surprised. I forgot about Stonehenge! oh, and Mt. Fuji! how could i forget that! there's loads of amazing buildings and places when you think about it..

no problem :D how could i forget wall of china as well?!? i'd love to visit the great wall...ah, so many places, so little time :D

Yea and so little money too.... for me anyways

ok i know that the seven wonders are now.....
Great pyramid of giza
Hanging gardens of bablyon
Statue of Zeus
Temple of artemis
The Mausoleum
Collossus of rhodes
The lighthouse of Alexandria.

I had been to rhodes and seen where that was build, but isnt there no more due to an earthquake.
Quite alot of them i havent heard of

http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/wonders/

yup, i know how that feels! (not having any money) :D i would like to travel around for a while when i finish uni...i've spent waaaay too much time in the same place!

Japan has quite a few man made wonders that rank as world-class. The Todaiji in Nara is the world's largest wooden structure and is quite magnificent with its 53 foot high statue of Buddha. Himeji Castle is also spectacular, though it is surrounded by a less-than-attractive modern city. The graveyard on Mount Koya in Wakayama where Kukai is buried is quite awe-inspiring for both its size and beauty (but don't go after dark). Some of The Kofun (ancient burial mounds) scattered throughout Nara prefecture are massive, the largest of them is actually bigger than the Pyramid of Giza near Cairo. Kyoto is surrounded by temples, shrines and imperial villas that are simply magnificent.

The list goes on and on. Quite impressive for a country where everything used to be made of wood and thus only rarely survived the tests of time.

Generally its split into modern wonders and like the classical wonders, as not all of them exist anymore.

I'm More .....

impressed by the simple day to day wonders the the "BIG" ones. How bout a good thunder & lightning storm? Big ocean waves before a storm. A beautiful woman or handsome man. A full moon. A newborn baby.
the best wonders are by mothernature not man!

Frank

😊

you know when you're just off the shore at a beach that has crystal clear water.. the kind where you can see the bottom and the water is just so perfect.. that has to rate top1 in my book.. now if you place a naked hot girl in that water, it's just gonna be how i imagine heaven.....

Frank and I count as 2 of the wonders of the world what with our chiseled good looks and what not. :D

how is this connected to japan?

I think that place in northern ireland with the hexagonal stones is my #1... followed closely by that f**king massive buddah in chiba.

Back
Top Bottom