What's new

The myth that Japanese are from Korea

TokyoTom

後輩
2 Jun 2012
Hello! There's a book called 'Korean impact on Japan.' I know that there are myths about Japan copying Korea and China, and Koreans and Chinese love to bash the Japanese. What are your thoughts on this subject? Cause according to some people, Japan is just a rip off of mainland Asia.

It's not a myth. There may be a few emotional (and irrational) aspects involved for both the Japanese and the Koreans, but as far as I know it is commonly accepted among historians that prehistoric people migrated to the Japanese archipelago from what is nowadays China and Korea. DNA research seems to support that theory.

Rip-off? It's mutual cultural influence.

What sets the Japanese apart from their Korean cousins is that so many Japanese have Ainu mixed in, and that is why they are hairier and shorter. Why this bothers the Japanese I have no freaking idea. Its just a pretty pathetic denial of truth, perhaps born from a desire to feel better than human and actually descended from the sun along with the king or whatever nonsense that was (THE REAL MYTH). At any rate, its some sort of superiority complex.

Thing is, it seems to me that this "uniqueness" and "purity" thing the Japanese seem to hold close to their hearts is about as foolish and convoluted as can be. For starters, that mixing with the Ainu is what makes the Japanese unique, yet they frown on that. Next, purity is the desire of a fool. Mixing makes for genetically stronger people and most likely more intelligent too.

A stark example is that mixed dogs (mutts) do not suffer the multitude of ailments that pure breeds do. Its not quite as stark in humans but there are a few things like sickle cell anemia that is pure race specific.

So the Japanese have very real reasons to be proud of their heritage, but they shun those reasons for childish fables. Which goes to show that they could do with EVEN MORE mixing. ( I am doing my part!)

I suppose that is true, but as far as the ancient goes it was one way from the mainland to Japan, and as far as the modern goes its been one way from Japan to the mainland. Its Korea and China copying Japan now. As far as I am concerned, they come out about even in the end, all cultural things considered, and the chest thumping over "ownership" of the ancient or the modern is just plain immature.

Also its true that they borrowed from each other and put their own mark on so much of it...but that hardly makes a thing unborrowed as much as they seem to like to pretend.

But they all do still have unique things, if that makes them feel better.

In some respects yes, Japan has an over inflated ego about its uniqueness among Asians, but in the modern era at least, its pop cultural influence on the rest of Asia has been significant.

What sets the Japanese apart from their Korean cousins is that so many Japanese have Ainu mixed in, and that is why they are hairier and shorter. Why this bothers the Japanese I have no freaking idea. Its just a pretty pathetic denial of truth, perhaps born from a desire to feel better than human and actually descended from the sun along with the king or whatever nonsense that was (THE REAL MYTH). At any rate, its some sort of superiority complex.

Thing is, it seems to me that this "uniqueness" and "purity" thing the Japanese seem to hold close to their hearts is about as foolish and convoluted as can be. For starters, that mixing with the Ainu is what makes the Japanese unique, yet they frown on that. Next, purity is the desire of a fool. Mixing makes for genetically stronger people and most likely more intelligent too.

A stark example is that mixed dogs (mutts) do not suffer the multitude of ailments that pure breeds do. Its not quite as stark in humans but there are a few things like sickle cell anemia that is pure race specific.

So the Japanese have very real reasons to be proud of their heritage, but they shun those reasons for childish fables. Which goes to show that they could do with EVEN MORE mixing. ( I am doing my part!)

Let's take it as Emishi people.

Hello! There's a book called 'Korean impact on Japan.' I know that there are myths about Japan copying Korea and China, and Koreans and Chinese love to bash the Japanese. What are your thoughts on this subject? Cause according to some people, Japan is just a rip off of mainland Asia.

there was few korean impact in ancient time.
at first, why were there no documents in Korea until 1200's. because they did not need to write it down..

Japan sent missions to china more than they came to japan.
Japanese missions to Sui China
Japanese missions to Sui China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Japanese missions to Tang China.
Japanese missions to Tang China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

today's korean is completely different from ancient Korean as a race

Kūkai
Travel and study in China
Abe no Nakamaro - Wikipedia
Ono no Imoko - Wikipedia
they went to china directly by ship

they brought some chinese culture and tradition... it is not because they came to Japan

It's not a myth. There may be a few emotional (and irrational) aspects involved for both the Japanese and the Koreans, but as far as I know it is commonly accepted among historians that prehistoric people migrated to the Japanese archipelago from what is nowadays China and Korea. DNA research seems to support that theory.

Jomon people were oldest In east Asia in both archipelago and :Y chromosome DNA.
they came from Africa by way of many direction of Continental.
it means there were some Jomon people in Koreaツ Peninsulaツ、too

Talhae of Silla
He was born in a small kingdom 1000 li1 northeast of Wa (Japan).[1]

Talhae of Silla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hogong
Hogong was a minister of Silla in the age of nation-building. It is recorded that he was originally from the Wa people of Japan, though his family name or clan name was unknown to the compiler of the Historical Records of the Three Kingdoms.[1] He was called Hogong (meaning "Duke Bottle Gourd") because he was putting on his bottle gourd when he came from Japan. He was a very important person in initial Silla because he appeared in stories of primogenitors of all royal families.

Hogong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

however, ordinal people were people who run away from Qin. that is why a document discovered Silla was vassal of WA last year

---------------------------------------

an inteesting note:

Kings of Silla
ツ鞘?ー窶佚」 1st kingツ ナ?q窶ケツ渉青「窶ケツ渉青シナ?ツアツ(窶菟ナスツ?) pak
*2窶佚」ツ 窶愿ャ窶ーテーナスナクナスナク窶悩ツ(窶菟ナスツ?) pak family
*3窶佚」ツ ナステイ窶板昶?愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(窶菟ナスツ?) pak family
*4窶佚」ツ 窶僞窶ーテー窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(ツ静固スツ?)ツ Talhae of Silla form WA(yamato)
*5窶佚」ツ 窶コO窶挂窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(窶菟ナスツ?) pak family
*6窶佚」ツ テ「L窶凪ぎ窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(窶菟ナスツ?) pak family
*7窶佚」ツ ヒ?ュツ青ケ窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(窶菟ナスツ?) pak family
*8窶佚」ツ ヒ?「窶傳窶披?ヲ窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(窶菟ナスツ?) pak family
*9窶佚」ツ 窶敖ー窶ケx窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(ツ静固スツ?)ツ Talhae of Silla family or clan
10窶佚」ツ 窶愿樞?ーテー窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(ツ静固スツ?)ツ Talhae of Silla
11窶佚」ツ ツ鞘?「テヲテ岩?愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(ツ静固スツ?) Talhae of Silla
12窶佚」ツ ナクナセ窶ーテー窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(ツ静固スツ?) Talhae of Silla
13窶佚」ツ 窶督。テァツセ窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(窶ケテ?ナスツ?ツ Kimツ ツ ツ ツ ツ ツ ツ ツ
14窶佚」ツ ナステイ窶氾ァ窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(ツ静固スツ? Talhae of Silla
15窶佚」ツ ナ?テョ窶氾補?愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(ツ静固スツ? Talhae of Silla
16窶佚」ツ テヲ^窶ーテー窶愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(ツ静固スツ? Talhae of Silla
17窶佚」ツ 窶愿樞?禿懌?愿イナスツカツ債。ツ(窶ケテ?ナスツ?) kim clan

most korean surname are similar with the Chinese name
as for 窶菟ツ(park or pak)ツ、this clan's name is rare in China. why?
let's see 1st king ナ?q窶ケツ渉青「窶ケツ渉青シナ?ツアツ(窶菟ナスツ? and Hogong(テ。@ナ津カ)
窶菟ツ and テ。@

Quote:
According to the legend, a white horse led a village chief to the location of a big egg, and King Hyeokgeose was said to have been hatched from it amid rays of light. He was named after the bak (Lagenaria leucantha), a family of Asian gourd similar to the African calabash, from the egg's resemblance.

Park (Korean name) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to ナスOツ坂?侏?「ナス窶 ツ新窶披?ヲナスn窶歪(Samguk Yusa, chapter origin of Silla)

Samguk Yusa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Samguk_Yusa Samguk_Yusa ナ。z窶ケ{ナスツコ窶ー窶披?愿ャナスRツ青シヒ彈(ツ債。ツ渉ケ窶氾打ス窶コ)窶「テイ窶倍窶愿アツ青ケ邃「Zツ。窶冕ヒ?遺?披?伉青カ窶披?倪?戞テ。@ツ。鄉ツ人ヒ?暗。@ヒ?冷?菟ツ、ナ津戸?カツ青ゥ窶菟ツ。ツ鞘?藩?按焦?ツ出ヒ?、窶督シツ。窶督シ窶抃窶愿アツ青ケツ。窶扼ナスナ?ツ十ナスOツ催篠、ヒ?闇津懌?撤ナ陳ウ窶扼ツ甲ナスqツ、窶冕窶板ァヒ?冷?ーツ、ツ。ヒ慊ケヒ?按鞘?藩?猟后ツ。ナ。ツ?テ・jツ鞘┐窶披?ヲ窶敖ーツ。窶凪? ツ鞘┐窶敖ー(ツ債。窶伉ュナ単窶ケナセナスナ。窶ー]ツ鞘┐窶敖ーツ。ヒ?按最クナ津娯?禿ァ)ヒ?ス窶ー]ナスz窶披?ヲツ。窶凪?敘スzテ。ツク

what did it mean 窶菟ツ(park)? in Jinhan confederacy language

Jinhan confederacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jinhan_confederacy Jinhan_confederacy It means 窶「Z
It is what the same as Wajin(yamato people) テ。@ナ津カor窶「Zナ津カ who behaved like the King of the shadow as a prime minister

窶「Z means a gourd ,a calabash
テ。@ナ津カ came from WA with gourd.
that is why he was called テ。@ナ津カ
and 窶菟(pak or piao) was same meaning of 窶「Z(piao)

it is high possibility that 1st king also came from WA(yamato)
Howツ about surname 窶菟 poeple?

at first, Today's korean is different from ancient korean.

Today's korean are Dongye
Dongye, which means the Eastern Ye, was a Korean chiefdom which occupied portions of the northeastern Korean peninsula from roughly 3rd-century BCE to around early 5th-century. It bordered Goguryeo and Okjeo to the north, Jinhan to the south, and China's Lelang Commandery to the west. Today, this territory consists of the provinces of South Hamgyŏng and Kangwon in North Korea, and Gangwon in South Korea................

Dongye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Siraki , Kudara(Baekjeツ), Mimana, Kaya were similar with WA people
and they They fought against Dongye
At first the Dongye invaded Siraki from the early third century and built a ナ畜窶氾堕坂??#44228;림(keirin)country (Korea) in the northern part of Siraki territory.

they invaded and attacked militarily in the Shiraki southern part in the late third century.
They completely took over the southeastern part of Korean Peninsula in the early fourth century.

A territory of siraki moved west by received military pressure at the mid-third century.
Siraki changed name of a country to Mimana(mimana Japan governed)

then Keirin, They changed a name of country ツ新窶披?ヲShinara or Silla

He of keirin royal families Kim窶ケテ? stole name of a country of Shiraki

Mimana窶「テ卩?テ? Kudara窶「Sツ催渉(窶拵ナ?テ?ツ unified Under Yamato Against Keirin
it was calld Great Mimana. and Kaya( Wa people) was unified and joind them
they destroyed MImana at last in the early sixth century and merged with Silla
This Silla is a current Korean model nation
The Dongye that built Silla is current Korean ancestors
that is , the korean is neither Shirakiツ(oldツ新窶披?ヲツ) nor Kudara(窶「Sツ催渉) nor Mimana.
all of them were ナ?テ伉人. they had same culture.
so were Wa people.

that is why they have two faces ...pro and anti Japan

窶菟ツ might be WA

Samguk Sagi and before in Korea
there is no documents in Korea before Samguk Sagi 1143

Samguk Sagi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Samguk_Sagi Samguk_Sagi
why were not there any documents in Korea before it? at least in 1100
it took already 500 years since Japan wrote herself
they did not need to write themselves because of Nomad? or could not write?

A flow of the ancient civilization is flows from the continent to through a peninsula and Japan when it thinks commonly..

However
it understands that it was an error(opposite) according to the ancient documents( Samguk Sagi,Samguk Yusa) of the Korean Peninsula

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Sorry I didnot make it clear. I meant some korean said they have longer history than everyone else in Asia. If using this kind of logic, everyone in Asia have learnt from Korean. Ok, that's a not so funny joke.

Back
Top Bottom