What's new

Teaching Conversational English in Japan

Jan Doyle

後輩
22 Sep 2006
Hello,

I am interested in teaching English in Japan. I have a Master degree in art therapy and a Bachelor degree in filmmaking. I have always been interested in Japanese culture and wonder if any one could share their experience with me about teaching English in Japan. Thank you.

Well, you sound a bit overqualified to teach English in Japan, but if you're just interested in doing it for the experience, there are several private companies that you can apply to work for, as well as the ever-popular JET program.

Welcome to Jref Jan Doyle san !! I'll PM you about the English teaching thing a bit later on. I hope you stick around, and share and learn with us here. I would think that there is a lot you can learn from this very forum !! I look forward to hearing from you again ! MM

Hello there Jan Doyle and welcome to the JREF forum.

You seem to be over-qualified indeed, but I guess it would be nice to be able to teach in Japan for a while, to gain some personal experiences. From what I've seen and heard the English teaching schools often require applicants to have at least a bachlor's degree and English as their first language.

Enjoy your stay here!! See you around.

Back
Top Bottom