What's new

Help Teaching and spouse visa

HogaOftimes

Registered
11 Jul 2019
Hello!
I'm currently in the process of getting a job in Japan. My husband is coming with me but he will not be sponsored. I'm trying to figure out a dependent/ spouse visa for him but some processes say I need to be in Japan first before he can apply.
Is there a way we can get him a Visa so he can be with me in Japan sooner rather months later? (U.S. to Japan).
The sponsorship doesn't know the the process very much since their job is to mostly get a school to hire me. Any advice will be amazing and I thank you all for any assistance! 😊

It might be worth your time to read some of the old posts here about teaching in Japan. You may find info there that is interesting and useful to you. Sometimes it takes a few days to get answers here , and some of our most informative members only have time to get on during the weekends. Hopefully you will get helpful answers soon. Don't be surprised if they ask for more detailed info from you as it will help to give you the best advice.

It might be worth your time to read some of the old posts here about teaching in Japan. You may find info there that is interesting and useful to you. Sometimes it takes a few days to get answers here , and some of our most informative members only have time to get on during the weekends. Hopefully you will get helpful answers soon. Don't be surprised if they ask for more detailed info from you as it will help to give you the best advice.
Thank you very much! I've been reading on some of them, but most are about getting married and getting a spouse visa. But I'm still trying! Any little bit helps 😄

Are you in the States, if so, go to the Japanese embassy and tell them your situation. You might be able call them also to get an answer, but I think this time of year they are extremely busy, so try to go in person.

On the link I just gave you, post your question on the forum. Just sign in , Using your email I think is what is needed. You'll have to be approved first, usually doesn't take too long for approval. Lots of people ask questions on the forum including teaching and traveling in Japan.

It's been ages since I got involved in helping people with processes like this. At that time, you could apply inside or outside Japan, as long as the spouse already had their work visa. This website seems to suggest that's still possible. Best advice is to visit your embassy or consulate before coming over and ask them about the procedure.

If you have to wait until you're here, it's no biggie, it is?

Back
Top Bottom