What's new

Tampopo

boroboro

Old Sansei
5 Jan 2004
Hello, I'm kinda new to the forum thing so please forgive anything I do that isn't appropriate.
I just wondered how many people have seen the movie called, "Tampopo". If you have, does it make you hungry? If you haven't seen it and your into food it is a "must-see". Hilarious movie. neh? :D

Does it make me hungry? LOL.... Thats an understatement!
Also makes me want to open a noodle shop of my own! ...LOL.
I enjoy that movie very much!
If I ever make it to Japan, the first thing I want to do is go to a ramen shop like that!
Slurp! Slurp!
🍜

Taimeiken

It might be nice to have ramen at Taimeiken, where Tampopo was filmed. Tidbits here.

finish-1.gif

I make "rice omelets" pretty often for breakfast (we always have leftover rice and eggs in the house). I try to make it very much like in the movie but do have a few variations. I add a little milk to the eggs for fluffiness. A dash of onion salt, white pepper and a little bit of shoyu in the rice. When I'm making it for me I also add a lot of Cholula brand hot sauce in the rice and on the eggs since I like it hot. I wonder if japanese ketchup is a lot different than Heinz?

Tampopo! That was the first Japanese movie I've ever seen! My dad watched it with me about 15 years ago. I thought maybe in my travels I'd run into it again on DVD (or even VHS) but so far, no luck.

I remember wanting to make my Sapporo Ichiban soup like theirs, with pork and vegetables. Ha ha.

Lina Inverse said:
Is there a recipe for it anywhere? The Url above gives me a 404 Not found error 😌
JinJapan changed its site name to Web Japan last month; this is the new location. Click "next" at the bottom of the page, and you'll see the recipe.

bezz said:
JinJapan changed its site name to Web Japan last month, this is the new location. Click "next" at the bottom of the page, and you'll see the recipe.
Thanks. Gotta try it out sometime (but with pork instead of icky chicken).

Back
Top Bottom