What's new

Talking "real" Japanese

i used it last night while drinking with one of my students father. and what the hell is wrong with you blade blitz? are you the most inconsiderate person in the world?

duff_o_josh said:
i used it last night while drinking with one of my students father. and what the hell is wrong with you blade blitz? are you the most inconsiderate person in the world?

LOL are you sure you're not still drunk? just kidding..

if you're referring to him saying "douitashimashte"... I don't think its inconsiderate whether he said it sarcarstically or normally. But I think i'm reading what you wrote wrong (since i just woke up lol).

So how was he being inconsiderate?

Glenn said:
Due to my ignorance of Japanese geography, I'm not sure where Gunma is, but I think it's north of Tokyo close to the Tohoku region, if not a part of it.
Yes, Gunma is north of Tokyo but is in Kanto area. That's where I am originally from.
I can not read what mike wrote, but many people in Gunma speak Gunma dialect, which at times sounds close to Tohoku-ben as "be~" "n" are used at the end of the sentences.

swe12 said:
I am quite bored just learning the same thing over and over again.
Learning another language can be frustrating sometimes.
Be patient though. You'll get there if you persist. I remember feeling that I would never be able to understand American people's conversation in normal speed.

Last edited:
Hmm, im sure I used it non sarcastically sometime over the last couple of days.... someone said it to me too. It wasnt a formal conversaiton, but it wasnt a casual conversation with a friend either.
If you cant afford to get to Japan, try working in an all japanese firm. If the majority of the people dont use english while working, you'd have no problems in being forced to learn, at the very least you would pick up on different dialects, and the pronunciation.
I worked with girls who couldnt speak english, and it was important that we understood each other, so I had to make more of an effort. Speaking on the phone is hard, but speeds things up a bit too.
Also if you happen to work in a firm that is in the same line of work that you already do, or wish to do, then it will help you if you do happen to go to Japan and want to get a job.
Going out socially for a couple of drinks helps too, you are less inhibited, and more inclined to make more of an effort. The less english they speak the better.

Back
Top Bottom