What's new

Taiyaki

Alma

nature's sweet success
2 Apr 2005
I cannot believe there is no topic about this :eek:

taiyaki-1.jpg

I love taiyaki! how about you? I don't know what makes them so special, but this is something that I eat quite often... especially since I moved, and found even better taiyaki in my new neighborhood... they are bit crispy, and really sweet... since "chocolate" feeling is nothing like chocolate, I eat anko all the time...

how about you? special flavour? some special shop to recommend?

I do like Taiyaki, too!
Some people like the tail crisp, others like the tail filled with anko to the very tip end.
To be honest, I cannot choose either of them... I like both! (haha)

Recently they sell Taiyaki with new filling such as custard cream, chocolate cream, green tea cream, I even found non-sweet Taiyaki filled with curry!
They are not bad, but my favourite is still the old-fashioned one with sweet, good anko in it. :)

Also some new type of Taiyaki - shiroi taiyaki (white taiyaki) is available one.
I tried it and the texture is quite different, it's very chewy like mochi (rice cake).
It is not bad either, still I like the ordinary Taiyaki best.😍

(This thread makes me feel hungry for Taiyaki, ahh.)

crispy tail? I haven't found that yet 😊 here, where I buy it now, they have like extra dough that slipped while frying, so that is even more crispy.. I use that extra to take some anko just with it, because it is always overflowing 😊

and yes, feeling are so various - recently I saw pumpkin, macha, and even chilly-sausage :? I don't like pumpkin, macha only to drink, but I still haven't find courage to try chilly one 😊
also, beside this white taiyaki, now there is also pink one.. strawberry... but I haven't tried that one either... 😊

I just stick with regular, favourite... even I should really try chilly-sausage 😊

sorry for making you hungry :sorry: I actually open this thread while I was eating one 😊

EHHH?! There are THAT many flavors of taiyaki??!! The only ones I've had is chocolate, anko, custard!

O.O!

I'm missing out T_T

Crispy tail?? * drool*

I wish there were taiyaki shops in San Diego >.<

Back
Top Bottom