What's new

Taiwanese flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinancialWar

Sempai
19 May 2006
Dear valued members, please follow forum rules. I've moved your posts from the Learning Japanese section. Thanks.
Avoid posting messages that are out of context or irrelevant to a topic. While we encourage your participation, such posts will either be moved to another forum or deleted in order to ensure a thread\'s consistency. If you do want to write a post that is too off topic you can always start a new thread.
https://jref.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_rules#faq_rules_topic
Note: The OP is talking about wuomin-san's avatar.
https://jref.com/forum/members/wuomin-62769/

I find your Taiwanese independence flag together with Japanese flag in the same frame quite offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to be Asian to understand the complex relationships and history.

Don't you mean 'Oriental' rather than 'Asian' … as last time I looked, Asia is an incredibly diverse place ... ethnically, culturally, geographically and politically.

Come to think of it … so is the Orient!

Anyway, I will agree that it is difficult to comprehend complex issues without having a suitable background or knowledge of the relationships and history … but, it's not impossible for non-Orientals to comprehend, so I'm willing to give it a try.

If you do have the patience to explain to us who are not so knowledgeable, it would be appreciated, but I understand if you don't want to.

I would like to know why you feel so offended by seeing the Hi no maru next to this other Taiwanese flag … The Flag seems to be that of The World Taiwanese Congress; which is an annual meeting of organisations promoting the independence of Taiwan and universal recognition as a Sovereign State.

Is it simply because you oppose the independence of Taiwan from China and this, along with your hatred of Japan conjures repulsion?

Would this flag, flying next to any other nation's flag evoke a similar feeling for you, or is it just Japan?

N.B. It looks like the Australian flag is flying behind the WTC flag in that image.

Putting that flag next to flag of any sovereign nation is deeply offensive. That's like saying this flag is now an established national flag of this sovereign national of Taiwan, we are on the same international level as that of Japan or Australia or PRC.

No I'm sorry, that's not the case, that flag is a flag of a some piece of **** organisation what promotes separatism from the soon to be the greatest nation in the history. OP can put it the flag by itself, I have no problem with that, and it should be displayed by itself because no nation has ever supported Taiwanese independence and it should be displayed by itself because those people who support this flag probably have deep identity crisis and live in a cave by themselves.

But putting it next to Japanese flag is not only offensive to me has a Han Chinese, but also to the Japanese people, who is dragged into this issue by these stupid dumb *** Taiwanese separatists nut jobs into an issue that's got nothing to do with them.

I'm pretty sure most Japanese would look at this flag and be like what is that? And once they find out about this flag, they'll be like what is it next to our national flag? What an insult to both themselves as yellow skinned Chinese and to the Japanese people.

No one care about Tibet independence, let alone Taiwan. Lol. I hate separatist of any kinds. That's I love UK and our majestic Queen and hate the Scottish since they always want independence for no good reason. and so do most Australians since republic referendum failed twice. Let's conquer and unit and live together to serve the mankind.

Is it simply because you oppose the independence of Taiwan from China and this, along with your hatred of Japan conjures repulsion?

He has no opinion not officially sanctioned by the Chinese government. Taiwan has been its own country for decades, and they still can't wrap their head around that fact. Why would you want to force people into your country if they didn't want to join?

Anyway, this is too off-topic. The stupidity of China's position on Taiwan always annoys me and I can't resist adding my two cents.

Putting that flag next to flag of any sovereign nation is deeply offensive. That's like saying this flag is now an established national flag of this sovereign national of Taiwan, we are on the same international level as that of Japan or Australia or PRC.

No I'm sorry, that's not the case, that flag is a flag of a some piece of **** organisation what promotes separatism from the soon to be the greatest nation in the history. OP can put it the flag by itself, I have no problem with that, and it should be displayed by itself because no nation has ever supported Taiwanese independence and it should be displayed by itself because those people who support this flag probably have deep identity crisis and live in a cave by themselves.

But putting it next to Japanese flag is not only offensive to me has a Han Chinese, but also to the Japanese people, who is dragged into this issue by these stupid dumb *** Taiwanese separatists nut jobs into an issue that's got nothing to do with them.

I'm pretty sure most Japanese would look at this flag and be like what is that? And once they find out about this flag, they'll be like what is it next to our national flag? What an insult to both themselves as yellow skinned Chinese and to the Japanese people.

No one care about Tibet independence, let alone Taiwan. Lol. I hate separatist of any kinds. That's I love UK and our majestic Queen and hate the Scottish since they always want independence for no good reason. and so do most Australians since republic referendum failed twice. Let's conquer and unit and live together to serve the mankind.

Thank you for your explanation.

I won't comment on it directly as your words explain a lot to the unbiased reader.

I'll just mention that I don't think many Japanese will feel insulted about this flag, my wife certainly isn't ..... and neither am I (a patriotic Brit ).

Below is a list of the mighty nations that officially recognise Taiwan diplomatically:

Burkina Faso, El Salvador, Belize, Nauru, Palau, Tuvalu, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Paraguay, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Panama, the Vatican, Swaziland, Malawi, Sao Tome and Principe, Haiti, Gambia and St. Kitts and Nevis.

Burkina Faso, El Salvador, Belize, Nauru, Palau, Tuvalu, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Paraguay, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Panama, the Vatican, Swaziland, Malawi, Sao Tome and Principe, Haiti, Gambia and St. Kitts and Nevis.

It used to be many more, but China kept throwing tantrums, and rich countries like doing business with China. It only has to do with business, nothing more. Nothing about right or wrong or moral correctness.

It used to be many more, but China kept throwing tantrums, and rich countries like doing business with China. It only has to do with business, nothing more. Nothing about right or wrong or moral correctness.

I know.

I think The Vatican has also jumped ship ... to protect the growing number of Christians in China.
A Chinese expert on religion estimates that there will be almost 250 million Christians in China by 2030.

Beijing attacks claim China could become 'world's most Christian nation' - Telegraph

Below is a list of the mighty nations that officially recognise Taiwan diplomatically:

Your source and your point?

And Wikipedia isn't a source, seems like that's where you copy and paste your response from. I checked that page, can not be verify.

And your point is? Some nobody island people in the international community recognize ROC because Taiwan gives them food because they are Low IQ nations that can't feed themselves with their entire economies based on tourism. That's your point?

Your source and your point?

And Wikipedia isn't a source, seems like that's where you copy and paste your response from. I checked that page, can not be verify.

And your point is? Some nobody island people in the international community recognize ROC because Taiwan gives them food because they are Low IQ nations that can't feed themselves with their entire economies based on tourism. That's your point?

I don't have the time or inclination to search the above nations' official websites for confirmation ... so if you don't believe the list, that's fine ... you've expressed your opinion.

More importantly, Taiwan is recognised in the real world ... the world of sport - See links to the IOC and FIFA below:

Chinese Taipei - National Olympic Committee (NOC)

Chinese Taipei on FIFA.com - FIFA.com

Your frequent racist comments such as 'nobody island nations' and 'low IQ' really do sum you up.

I don't want to engage in communication with you any more for today... it makes me feel dirty, and I'm about to have dinner.

Dirty is the word. FW's politics ring of the racist nastiness that European nations stank of 30 years ago. China has yet to grow up, hope he manages too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom