What's new

Summary-Writing Help

420gloryhorse

後輩
24 Oct 2014
For a Japanese class I'm taking, my summer homework is to write some summaries of anime/movies/etc in Japanese, so I've started one for the anime Death Note. The passage below is what I've got so far:

6月にデスノートを見ました。サスペンスのアニメドラマですから、すごく面白いです。メインキャラクターは夜神月 (夜神ライト) と L (エル) です。高校生の夜神月は高校に変なノートを見つけた。ノートに名前を書かれた人間は死にますから、デスノートと言うです。夜神月は犯罪者の名前を書けて、犯罪を妨げます。それから、「キラ」と呼び始めます。

Do you see anything that doesn't make sense or sounds robotic or weird? Also, I've written a sentence in English below which I plan to add to my summary. Could you translate it to Japanese for me?

"L and the police force work together to find out Kira's identity after a lot of criminals mysteriously die."

Thank you so much!

高校生の夜神月は高校変なノートを見つけました。
(見つける is an action, not existence, and 高校 is the location of the action therefore で is used here.)

ノートに名前を書かれた人間は死にますから、デスノートと言います。/呼ばれます。

夜神月は犯罪者の名前を書くことで、犯罪を妨ます。

それから、自分を「キラ」と呼び始めます。/それから、「キラ」と名乗り始めます。
(You need to make clear who the one called キラ is when using 呼ぶ.)

高校生の夜神月は高校変なノートを見つけました。
(見つける is an action, not existence, and 高校 is the location of the action therefore で is used here.)

ノートに名前を書かれた人間は死にますから、デスノートと言います。/呼ばれます。

夜神月は犯罪者の名前を書くことで、犯罪を妨ます。

それから、自分を「キラ」と呼び始めます。/それから、「キラ」と名乗り始めます。
(You need to make clear who the one called キラ is when using 呼ぶ.)
Thank you! May I ask for some more help with a section of my summary on Battle Royale? I've had more trouble with this one, there might be some really confusing things since I had to use google translate to get myself started on a few of these sentences.

メインキャラクターは七原秋也と中川典子と川田章吾です。ある日、クラスの遠足に行く代わりに遠くの島に行きました。島にバトルロワイアルゲームを始めました。そして、ゲームに42学生がありましたが、ゲームの目的は、一人が生きているまで、お互いを殺すことです。七原と中川と川田と一緒に助かろうとします。

I'm trying to say "The main characters are Nanahara Shuya, Noriko Nakagawa, and Kawada Shogo. One day, instead of going on the class field trip they go to a distant island. On the island, the battle royale game starts. The game has 42 students in it, but the object of the game is to kill until one student is left alive. Nanahara and Nakagawa and Kawada work together to try to survive."

ある日、クラス遠足に行く代わりに遠くの島に行きました。

バトルロワイアルゲームを始めました。
(the same reason as 高校でノートを見つけました)

そして、ゲーム42人の学生で始まりましたが、ゲームの目的は、一人が生き残るまで、お互いを殺すことです。

七原と中川と川田一緒に助かろうとします。

Also, I've written a sentence in English below which I plan to add to my summary. Could you translate it to Japanese for me?

"L and the police force work together to find out Kira's identity after a lot of criminals mysteriously die."
What is your translation?

Yeah, that's right. What about "a lot of criminals mysteriously die"? I don't think it's complicated.

Back
Top Bottom