What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Subtext in South Korea: Payback for Colonialism

Mas Oyama

Kouhai
Reaction score
Trust me on this. I am an American soldier in Korea. Koreans have less animosity towards the Japanese then they have of Americans.

lexico

Sempai
Reaction score
Mas Oyama said:
Trust me on this. I am an American soldier in Korea. Koreans have less animosity towards the Japanese then they have of Americans.
I know you haven't visited the forum recently, but just for the record. Let me say stereotyping may be convenient for promoting ethnic disputes, but hardly reflecting reality, and mostly perpetuating the another basic stereotype that stigmatizes Americans at large. You should know that better than anyone else. There are American and Americans. Enough said.

Cloud

後輩
Reaction score
*sigh*
that's kind of stupid.
We won them at soccer... and that's 'payback'?
-_-;;
AHHH.. I swear, I understand the feelings Koreans have against Japanese... but really... sometimes they over-do it. It's the past, and they need to learn how to somehow put it behind them. Not saying forget it like it never happened, but stop making it as if it happened yesterday.

Shibuyaexpat

先輩
Reaction score
Mas Oyama said:
Trust me on this. As an American of Korean descent, you're wrong. It's not about having "more or less" animosity. Certain individuals have different reason for that animosity. Like lexico states, it's hardly a sweeping anthem of animosity.

Top Bottom