What's new

Submission of original to Kyoto university

sathish

Registered
13 Jun 2015
Hi I'm trying to apply for a program in Kyoto university. I was readying things but hit a bump when there was a clause which stated that I need submit Originals. Then I contacted university if this will be returned but they said they will not return the certificates. Is this how all universities operate in Japan. Any Kyoto university students here?

No. Tell them you need the originals. It's an application process, not a finalized deal, so they are being unreasonable in asking for originals of anything.

They will accept scanned certified copies. Send those and tell them you are applying to more than one place, so scanned copies are all that anyone gets.

Yes , I wrote to the university about submitting photocopies. The reply I got is that they need Originals and also their policy on returning certificates is also not clear incase if I'm rejected.

Photocopies are different than scans (PDF). And, the point I made earlier is certified scans, so they know they aren't faked. If all else fails, and you go with sending originals which don't come back, you'll just have to order new ones from your university. See if they'll do that before you go any further.

I want to send photocopies with attestation from officials. It's a chaos to get back certificates here in India especially school certificates. I really don't understand, If a person wants to apply multiple university how can one have so many originals?

Kyoto University students would hardly ever be on sites like this, unless someone like you, who had entered the studies ( wish you do, I know many smart people from India) , has spare time and wishes to help. Most of the posters here, if ever, might have seen only the buildings of the Kyoto University.
Getting certified pdf copies of your credentials, it is your effort, if difficult in India, again, your problem.
It is not a Japanese issue, it is back into your ball range.

I agree. You're the one who wants to apply. Do what is necessary.

For what it's worth, I applied (for a job, not matriculation) to a large Kyoto university a few years ago. They initially wrote to say that the scanned copies of my degrees were unacceptable because they wanted originals. They immediately backed down when I told them how stupid it was to provide originals, as I've outlined above.

If you're serious about attending, do what it takes at your end.

I applied to Keio university and I applied for original certificate & transcripts from where I did undergraduate and sent them. I didn't argued much as I wanted to go badly, [emoji4]

Thank you all for your time, I got mail yesterday, I cleared the preliminary round. will you keep you posted on final round. Thanks for your time again.

Back
Top Bottom