What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Help Stupid mistakes create stupid questions...

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
So I managed to lose my Freetel pay for what you use sim card here in Vietnam (motel staff threw it away, terribly nice people but for 1100 jpy per night you can't expect 5 stars).

I went through the freetel site and learned how to get a reissued sim mailed to me for 2000 jpy, but my Japanese and googling skills are not good enough to figure out if I can request a specific date for the sim to arrive at my home.

Does anyone know, or can anyone direct me to a link where I can figure it out?

Thanks!

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
my Japanese and googling skills are not good enough to figure out if I can request a specific date for the sim to arrive at my home.

Neither are mine.

All I could get from the site was "contact customer service".

If you're having it delivered in Japan and they use practically any of the major courier services, you're probably in luck. You'll just have to ask customer service to specify the delivery date/time when they send it.

If it comes early and you're not there, it's no big deal. The delivery guy will leave a form in your mailbox and you can easily arrange redelivery at a time convenient for you.

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
Neither are mine.

All I could get from the site was "contact customer service".

If you're having it delivered in Japan and they use practically any of the major courier services, you're probably in luck. You'll just have to ask customer service to specify the delivery date/time when they send it.

If it comes early and you're not there, it's no big deal. The delivery guy will leave a form in your mailbox and you can easily arrange redelivery at a time convenient for you.
Thanks for checking!

Yeah, I'm pretty used to rescheduling deliveries at this point, I was just hoping to have it show up the morning after I arrive to minimize my downtime.

I grew up without any of this stuff but somehow it now seems like a terrible hardship not to have it.

Any idea how early I can have it sent? For example, if I order it a week in advance knowing the notice will probably be about 4-5 days sitting in my mail slot will they likely send it back as undeliverable?

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
That would depend on the carrier, most likely. Best bet is to contact customer service and ask to specify the delivery date and time. I've seen things placed in the hands of the delivery company which were designated for delivery a week or more later, so having it go out several days early isn't a problem if you want to try it that way.

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
That would depend on the carrier, most likely. Best bet is to contact customer service and ask to specify the delivery date and time. I've seen things placed in the hands of the delivery company which were designated for delivery a week or more later, so having it go out several days early isn't a problem if you want to try it that way.
Thanks much!

Top Bottom