What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Studying Music in Japan

Synarch

Arbiter
Reaction score
I'm just out of highschool, and currently planning on attending a Japanese Language School in Japan, and then possibly going to a music school for a 2-year degree. I was just wondering, would there be any way to help fund this other than straight out of my (parent's) pockets? Most scholarship and financial aid programs I've seen are only available to students currently enrolled in a US university, or to a former graduate. If possible, I'd like to avoid first attending a university here.

ullvarg

先輩
Reaction score
ones your here studying at a language school, if your never absent and among the top students you can get a scholarship from the Japanese government for 50000yen every month for a year from the second year and forward, this can continue on your other school too if your among the top ones there and thats about it to my knowledge.
To help finance it you are allowed to work 4hours a day with appropriate stuff (no hosting, no prostitution, no pachinko and not around alcohol (except izakaya)).
To study at a language school you need to have finished high school and the for the 2 year school (専門学校)you need to pass their test. after that you are eligible for a working visa without a university degree, but the question is if someone wants to sponsor the visa for you without a university degree.
But hey good luck, follow your dream, just think it through first :)

Synarch

Arbiter
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the response. Hehe, I've been giving it serious thought, whether or not I should go through with it. I'm pretty sure it's what I want to do, and hopefully things work out from here.

Once again, thanks a lot for the help!

Top Bottom