What's new

Study: Monkey's Protein Prevents HIV

Hachiko

後輩
17 Jan 2004
A possible cure for HIV and AIDS? Hip hop...hooray?

(AP) - Scientists say they've discovered how some monkeys resist infection with the AIDS virus, a finding that might lead to a treatment that blocks HIV in people. Researchers found that once HIV enters monkey cells, it encounters a protein that stifles its attempts to replicate. That stops the virus from spreading in the animal. "This is really important because it will help build a basis for hammering the virus before it gets started," said Paul Luciw, a University of California at Davis microbiologist who specializes in AIDS research.

Yahoo! News

There is already a cure for aids.

Oh goddess, I wish I had paid more attention in school last week...but if I remember correctly, a vaccine that promotes the status of the immune system was in use on AIDS infected chimps, and a recorded 11 patients in the United States from 1988-89, and the treated chimps recovered suprisingly. Not just got better, but recovered completely.

As for the human patients, all were recorded to have substantial boosts in immunities, and many geared towards completely recoperation.

Why isnt this still here?

Well certain agencies pulled the plug on funding because of a few choice critics. The side effects werent fully explored, and as a scapegoat, that was used to grind the new studies to a hault.

If it had worked, AIDS probably wouldnt kill anyone these days, and would be as much of a threat as the Flu. Oh well, thats corporate America for you.

Eternal Wind: Nobody knows the side effects. The tests that were done had very very very miniscule elements of side effects. And the project was annulled before any serious study could go into combatting any potential side effects.

And Hachi: Dont trip. This country will go through a severe reformation when I become president.

Winter said:
And Hachi: Dont trip. This country will go through a severe reformation when I become president.

That was not "trippin", that was one of my mini-rants of sarcasm with a straight face. Of course, I do wish you luck in your endeavors in changing all for the better the destiny of a nation whose way of governing its people has been condemned with bitter aversion by the global community it is surrounded in.

Hachiko said:
That was not "trippin", that was one of my mini-rants of sarcasm with a straight face. Of course, I do wish you luck in your endeavors in changing all for the better the destiny of a nation whose way of governing its people has been condemned with bitter aversion.

I didnt think you were actually "trippin", its just a habitual expression I always use.

You must not read my threads too much, eh?

Woohoo! I'm making Winter blush! How many of y'all can say that? :pdancing: tee hee

Does that mean I can be your vice president? :p

[shameless trip plug]
If you're the President of the U.S., then I am the Prime Minister of Japan.
[/shameless trip plug]
🍾 :cautious:

I Want To Be....

in charge of national health care, but it will cost ya!! I plan to provide TOP NOTCH care for all, not just the wealthy.

Doctor Frank
🙂

Back
Top Bottom