What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

student visa issue's

Hanukumar

後輩
Reaction score
This is my situtation:

1. Currently attending a community college in USA(iam an indian student).completed two semesters.

2.I am unable to adjust to the conditions here and other stuff..

3. My option is to visit a language school in japan and complete the one year course then write the EJU for entrance into university.

My questions are:

1. Is it worth the money and work to go ahead with the mentioned steps?
2. Is it compulsory for me to show 3 million yen in the bank account for visa issuance?
3.Can i extend the stay in japan even after completing the course?.

I am planning to either go to nagoya or osaka.

Hanu Kumar

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
1. Nobody can say whether it is worth it except you and only after you do it.

2. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' web site on visas, student visa applicants must show "(d)ocuments certifying that the person concerned can defray all expenses incurred during the stay in Japan. In cases where the expenses incurred during the stay in Japan are defrayed by another person, documents certifying the income of the person who intends to defray all expenses and documents showing why he or she intends to defray all expenses for the person concerned are required. "

3. You can extend your stay with the proper visa. What did you have in mind?

I am curious about why you have problems adjusting to an American community college.
It would also be interesting to know why you think studying Japanese language in Japan would be easier to adjust to.

Hanukumar

後輩
Reaction score
Language school extension is 2 yrs only..that made me think of extension if i had to take the EJU the second time.

Speaking about the college iam attending...iam an A grader in my junior aswell as high school...after entering the college and studying for 2 semesters it seems as if iam unable to get any motivation or interest to study...that was to such an extent that i tried to completely quit with my previous plans and opt for a new major(with no science and math..supposed to be my best areas).

I think i would be able to adjust better in japanese environment basically becuz of its culture and also my personal interest in its language and people.
I started some basic learning of hirangana and katakana on my own.it seemed to be very familiar to me.

*I am still trying to find out if those 3 million yen must be shown or not..since some universites or language schools said that in their websites but then the official govt websites dont seem to mention it.

Sparky

The Canadian
Reaction score
Yes you have to prove you have the money. I.e. bank statements ect.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Laziness has a way of following one across borders.

Top Bottom