What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

street fashion...

NxDpixie

後輩
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Japanese Street Fashion, and i've been trying to see where i can find those magazines, like Fruits, aside from registering at the site...where can i find them in stores?

midnitestar7

Kouhai
Reaction score
I know a place in the UK (in London) so I'm sure there has to be somewhere similar in the states - try and find a japanese centre of somesort and they'll stock a selection of magazines. Good luck!

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Japanese embassies and consulates usually maintain cultural centres offering the latest newspapers, magazines and journals. Sometimes you're even allowed to borrow them.

den4

先輩
Reaction score
in the US

try contacting the Kinokuniya bookstore....they have them in several locations through out the two coasts, as well as the website here:

http://www.kinokuniya.com/newyork/location.html

you should be able to order them....assuming you don't mind paying the prices.... :D

den4😄

Chipi

Yancha
Reaction score
thereツエs also this one:
http://www.tokyogems.com
I have just browsed through the pages, but havenツエt bought anything...yet... I love J-fashion and japanese designers too ;)

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
Sadly Japanese street fashion has become a myth, five years ago it was real crazy, but now the fashion has changed and the majority of the folk's you saw in Fruits are now wearing hip hop clothes.
You will be suprised at disappointing it can be, Harajuku has changed lots recently and they built this big 'mall' type thing for all the indepenant fashion butiques, so like its all gone crazy!

oh no!

budd

先輩
Reaction score
no its not -- saw plenty
that mall dealie has been there for at least a year
i think it was longer, but time is all a blur in a bath

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
na, loads of 'visual gays' and gothic lolitas, but not many horror goths or real crazy, crazy homemade original fashions.

Chipi

Yancha
Reaction score
Originally posted by alexi32
na, loads of 'visual gays' and gothic lolitas, but not many horror goths or real crazy, crazy homemade original fashions.
oh thatツエs sad :(
I see masses of people here that donツエt really dare to be themselves, itツエs sad if this is a common phenomenom...I always support people who are creative, wear what they want to wear etc...I think the worst are the teenagers, who just "have to" have the exact type of jeans etc.
Please,please,crazy people,donツエt give up,youツエre my inspiration :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom